SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

Big changes afoot for our family :-)

colleenoz
10 years ago

DH's local posting evaporated due to a reshuffle so he had to transfer to another position (he's a police). A post he has been keen on for a while came up so he applied and got it. He was reluctant to apply at first because it means he will have to live away for the weekdays as it is too far to commute, but I encouraged him to go for it- I'd rather have a happy husband two days a weeks than an unhappy one in a job he only took because it's close, for seven days a week.
So, a place to live for him. Again, he didn't want to impose on family, so as it's not much more expensive at the moment to buy rather than rent we went down that road, so we'll have something to show for the money when DH retires.
We went looking at apartments and townhouses, found one that was OK, didn't make our hearts run faster or anything but it ticked all the boxes if we couldn't find anything else. Then a chance call from an estate agent led to a possibility- but we'd have to wait a few days before we could see it. We went and had a look at the outside and thought, if the inside matches up, this is the one. Looked at the inside yesterday, decided, yep, this is it, only problem is several others thought the same :-) An hour later we were signing an offer, impressed on the agent that we were serious, didn't want to mess around, had finance organised and were ready to go. Seller also didn't want to mess around, and our rivals didn't have their ducks in a row so it's ours!!!!!!!!! Now there will be a bit of belt tightening to pay it off but I've got a better paying job now so it won't be penury.
Best part, it's near buses and trains that will take DH into work and back every day- and police get free public transport so he won't be paying to commute :-)

Comments (13)