Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elvira in her new pink frilly raincoat.

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 1:07

My sister sent her a new doggy raincoat. Not a happy camper. She kept trying to tear it off. Never could dress her up. And the thing is way too big. She couldn't even walk in it. Just thought you might like a laugh.
Clare

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elvira in her new pink frilly raincoat.

Definitely a laugh! Thanks for sharing, although she's definitely not a happy camper!

o

This brings to mind this video. Snicker.

Poor Elvira. Pink becomes her!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dogs and boots.

o

Nothing like a chuckle in the morning to start the day off right! Poor Baby

o

But she looks so cute in it!

Reminds me of when I put a harness and leash on my cat so I could take him for a walk outside. He laid down and wouldn't get up and I dragged him around the yard.

o

Oh the humiliation!

Odo has a devil outfit for Halloween and a biker parka. He doesn't like the headdress part of the devil costume with the horns, but he actually likes the parka - came in handy when we were traveling last winter and got into some snow!

Hard to find costumes for doxies that don't hinder them from walking on those short legs.

o

She would never ever wear clothes even if it was to keep her warm. I have tried to put her in doggy sweaters but she would tear the thing apart. Completely unraveled the whole thing! I feel so sorry for her in the winter because Dachshunds get cold easily. Good thing we live out in California where it doesn't get that cold.
Clare

o

Yup - don't know how they manage in colder climates - probably stay indoors all the time! Odo doesn't like sweaters either - anything knit and snug like that - he just doesn't move and looks up at me like, "what the heck?"

Elvira looks like a pink astronaut - you're smart to get her in that, take a picture, then done!

o

Nope, the WonderWeiner loved the snow, he'd go out and burrow into it and when he reached the ground all you could see was the snow tunneling up and that tail, straight in the air like a flag. (grin) I think they get used to whatever climate they live in.

WW would never allow clothing either, it insulted him and he'd tear it to shreds in an instant. Boots didn't work either, LOL.

Elvira definitely does not look happy, no matter how much she makes us smile.

My old dachshund, Tammy, was completely different, we dressed her up in a "bun" one year for Halloween and the girls were catsup and mustard. She was far more mellow than WW was and she loved going trick or treating that year.

Annie

o

Pictures, I want to see pictures of your dog or cat in outfits, especially Halloween since it is almost that time of year.
Clare

o

Snoopy would happily wear a hat or costume all day...or a sweater. Chardy, not so much, but I could put a coat on her....but no hat!! NO HAT!!! Chabby liked her coat when it was raining or snowing and would tolerate a hat long enough for a picture. Last year, Latte wouldn't wear a hat long enough to take a picture and trying to get a costume on her was like trying to dress an octopus....perhaps this year will be different....maybe

o

Ha! That looks more like she is heading to a synchronized swimming event? Or a special dog shower? So funny- thanks for posting!

o

I wonder if you can clicker train a dog to wear clothes. I might be trying in a couple months!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here