SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

She's here!

annie1992
10 years ago

It's been a kind of long day, but I'm finally home, with pictures, loaded onto the computer, etc. The dogs have been cared for, Ashley is fine, Kevin is asleep, all's right with the world.

And there's one more little person in the world today. Meet Maci Annallyce, 7 lbs 12 oz, 18 3/4 inches long, exactly the same size as her sister Madi was when she was born.

Ashley is doing well, and very happy to no longer be pregnant. Other than that picture, which I was not present for, I haven't seen the littlest one awake yet, maybe tomorrow. So far she seems quiet and good natured, LOL, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers, they helped. A lot.

Annie

Comments (41)

• partst
    10 years ago

SheâÂÂs beautiful but all the girls in your family are. Congratulations

Claudia

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

omg, what a perfect baby doll, I'm happy all is well !!!!

• jude31
    10 years ago

What a litle beauty and absolutely precious!!! So glad everything went well. Now enjoy her and keep those pictures comin'!

Thanks Annie, and hugs all around.

• sally2_gw
    10 years ago

Isn't she adorable! Congrats to Mom, Dad, and Grandma!

Sally

• User
    10 years ago

Congrats Annie and family. First pic says - I have a plan for wrapping you around this little finger-- I bet it will work too.

• tami_ohio
    10 years ago

Congratulations to all! She just makes me want to reach thru the screen and snuggle her.

• ann_t
    10 years ago

Oh Annie, she is perfect. Just beautiful.

Glad everyone is doing well. And looking forward to more pictures.

Ann

• mtnester
    10 years ago

I love the photos--she's a bundle of sweetness in her Daddy's arms! Congratulations to the whole family!

Sue

• cloudy_christine
    10 years ago

Welcome, little Maci! We're all very glad you are safely here.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Oh Annie, she is adorable. It seems she will fit in well with your family where all the women are adorable (and smart and savvy).

So happy for all of you.

• cbadcali
    10 years ago

Well Happy Birthday Miss Maci. What a beautiful young lady you are. You have so much to learn and so much to give. Im so glad you got here safe and sound. Can't wait to see pictures of you cooking with your Gram. Watch out, she probably already has your name entered in the baking category of the State Fair!
    Congratulations to all. Mary

• colleenoz
    10 years ago

Oh, how precious! Welcome to the world, Miss Maci, and congratulations to your proud parents :-)
    Listen to your Granma, you'll be the envy of all your friends with your mad cooking skillz :-D

• triciae
    10 years ago

OMG, Annie. Maci is precious! What a cutie - that little face rule her world. I imagine Mom/Dad are so enamored. Glad everybody's doing well.

/tricia

• Solsthumper
    10 years ago

Nice to meet you, Maci. And happy birthday!

Being an expert in baby sign language, I believe Maci is either asking for mommy, or pledging allegiance to the flag. Don't know.

I do know she's adorable and (already) a smart cookie.

Congratulations mom, dad and the entire crew.

Breathe, Annie.

Sol

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 years ago

Congratulations! What a sweetie! She is so alert in the first pic; doesn't look like a newborn. Is the middle name a nod to Grandma? Glad you are all doing well.

Liz

• compumom
    10 years ago

A-DOR-A-BLE!!!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, everyone. This is the most peaceful baby I've ever encountered, possibly because she already gave her mother months of grief before she was born?

Liz, the middle name is a combination of mine and Kevin's Grandmother, who was named Allyce (pronounced Ah-leese, not Alice). I told Ashley it wasn't important to me, but it was important to her, as the name was originally meant to be Maci Allyce. I think Annallyce is kind of a mouth full for a little one, but it's unique.

Annie

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful baby - lovely name - happy everyone is healthy! The struggles will be a distant memory........Congrats to all!

• lizbeth-gardener
    10 years ago

Annie, I think Annallyce is a beautiful name. I've never heard the name before, which is even better-love not having ten others in her class with the same name and I'm glad she chose to honor you with a namesake!

• KatieC
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. Congratulations everyone! (sooooo jealoussssss.....)

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

A+ on this project! She is worth all that was invested in getting her here. Isn't it funny how once in our arms, all is forgotten except the beauty and sweetness of these little angels.

• riverrat1
    10 years ago

Oh Annie! I came over to check out if the baby was here and there she is! She is so stinking cute! Congratulations!

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Give Ashley and Kevin a big hug from me and tell them congrats, they did good!

She looks perfect, just like all the women in the family. Hug and kiss her neck for me. I love her name too.

• foodonastump
    10 years ago

She's gorgeous! Congrats all around.

• wizardnm
    10 years ago

What a cutie!!! Congratulations to all, job well done!

Nancy

• blueiris24
    10 years ago

Congratulations!! So glad she has arrived and that her momma is doing well .. and I LOVE the name Maci! Cute as a button!

• trudy_gw
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Annie! She is a cutie. One of God's greatest gifts is grandchildren!
    Enjoy as those little babes grow up way to fast.

• trixietx
    10 years ago

What a beautiful little baby girl! Congrats to you and your family. I know how exciting this is!!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Congratulations!

I'm sorry to be so late to the thread. She's gorgeous! Hi Maci!

• teotiki
    10 years ago

What a sweetie... love her button nose.

Congrats to you Annie and the family.

Iris

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris!!!!! I'm so happy to see you again, it's been so long. And oh, how I've missed you!

Here's my favorite picture so far. Maci is bored with her big sister, apparently, judging from the yawn. Madi is just thinking what she's going to do with her for the rest of her life, LOL.

Annie

• jude31
    10 years ago

How precious they both are! Madi has really grown!! And how old is Madi now? Thanks for the pic.

jude

• teotiki
    10 years ago

What a cute picture of both girls...What's the older ones name and how old is she? gosh I've missed a lot. These are both Ashley's... right? Wow... where does time go. How are you doing Annie.. still working? Guess I'll have to do some reading to catch up with everything going on here.

Iris

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris, you sure will have to catch up!

The older girl is Madison, more commonly referred to as Madi. She's 20 months old. They are both Ashley's, Amanda's kids are now 7 and 9, they'll be 8 and 10 in October/November.

I retired a year and a half ago, and I remarried 5 years ago. Dad passed away and I bought the farm I grew up on, we're hoping to build there in the spring. We just sold Elery's house and are hoping to have mine on the market in another month or so.

Lots of things are happening, LOL, but I missed you and I'm glad you are back.

So, how are you? Well? Happy? Still working or retired?

Annie

• artsyshell
    10 years ago

What a sweetheart! Beautiful baby and name! Congrats to all of you!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I am so glad I came back to this thread so I saw the most recent Madi/Maci photo. That is too cute or words. I love Madi's explosive hair and Maci's sweet yawn.

• doucanoe
    10 years ago

Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I checked in here!

Sorry I missed the big day, but so happy to hear the report that the birth went well and everyone is doing great!

Little Maci is a doll (as is her big sister). I love both her names! We have a little girl on our street named Analise, spelled differently but pronounced the same.

Linda

• compumom
    10 years ago

I'm happy that I checked back in too! I love Pam's description of Madi's hair and Maci's little yawn is precious!

• sheshebop
    10 years ago

She IS beautiful! Congratulations Annie. What a lovely family Maci has joined, and what a lucky gramma you are!

Sherry

• chase_gw
    10 years ago

What a great pic!!! I am beyond jealous!!!

My day will come , I know it will but unfortunately I'll likely have to use a walker to push the buggy.

...can one even do that? LOL

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sharon, I have faith in you. You'll figure it out.

You know, you could get one of those walkers with the little basket, just put the baby right in there, they're small. (grin)

This one is a crabby little one, and loud!

Annie

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!