SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Power To The People

The huricane thread is getting very long.

Power outage will be a lot more frequent for the foreseeable future. Conditions are not likely to get better due to global violent weather patterns for all seasons, and the lack of funding for infrastructure improvements.

I don't need to tell you of the troubles when you flip that switch on the wall and nothing happens. Spoiled food is the least of your problems.

But it is so simple to be prepared.

A portable generator (800-watt) can be bought for around $100.00 that can give you power for everything except those in the kitchen. You can have lights, phones, TVs, e. mails, computers, electric pump to pump out your basement, etc.

A generator (2,000-watt) to keep everything going including your refrigerator can be bought for around $300.00. You may have more then $300.00 worth of food in your refrigerator if they are spoiled. A ruptured frozen pipe in the winter can cost you $10,000 dollars in structural repairs.

There are very quiet generators, but they are a lot more expensive ($800).

The part that makes the noise is the muffler. I connected my generator's muffler to my chimney, and that cuts out most of the noise.

The generator maybe affordable, unless you just use long extension cords, the installation by an electrician is very expensive; However, there is a very simple and inexpensive way that you can power up your house with a portable generator without the expensive electrician's permanent installation, but I cannot disclose to you here on how that can be done because it requires some understanding of household electrical wiring, and I don't want anyone to be fried.

I don't recommend anyone doing it that way unless you are really economically challenged and experienced with electricity. E.mail me if that is the case.

dcarch

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz