Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about twitter problem

Posted by cloudy_christine (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 19:00

Okay, I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this with Twitter Help and searching the web. No luck.
My tweets show up for me, but not in the tweet stream of the addressees when I search. Why? And does anybody actually get them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about twitter problem

If you follow someone on twitter, their tweets will show up on your feed. If they are following you back, then all your tweets will show up on their feed. If they aren't following you then your tweets will not show up....unless you address your tweet directly to them.

Then there's also the tweet grid where you can put in a name and see all the tweets to that person. This is especially fun with well know people. I follow Adam Lambert and there is always someone sending him tweets... it goes nuts after he sends out a tweet to all his followers.

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Tweet Grid for adamlambert

o

Thanks, Nancy. You can also see someone's tweets by using the search box on your home page. I didn't now about Tweet Grid. In both cases, my tweets get lost into thin air. But I can see them on my home page. I do not have a "private" setting selected, but soemhow I am just absent from all searches and don't appear. So I guess no one has ever seen my (very few) tweets.

o

Whoa! It's Firefox! Holy carp. I saw stuff from last year about trouble with Firefox 3.5, different trouble, but that gave me the idea to try Safari, even though I am running Firefox 3.6.3. And it works! So tweets I sent months ago never got seen, I guess? They appeared only for me?!
I feel as if the mailman has been throwing my mail into a dumpster! I had faith in Twitter!

o

I just dont understand Twitter. I have an account but I really don't get it.

o

I'm with Shaun. I tried it but I don't see what's the big deal. I also have no idea what Nancy said! ;)

o

Me either. I just don't get it at all. BTDT, but "their" tweets never said anything interesting!

o

Well, now it seems not to work in Safari either.

o

I got a reply to one of the missing tweets! So even if it's not in twitter search and not in tweetgrid, it may have gotten to its destination?! I had to answer her reply, but how on earth can I know if she got that?

o

Try clicking on her name that shows up in her reply. It should take you to her stream.

Happy tweeting, twitting and twatting!

o

Thanks, Nancy. My tweets do not appear in any stream.
Maybe it's good this doesn't work for me! I can see that some people get addicted.

o

try putting the persons twitter name in the search box

o

I can see her stream okay, but my tweets aren't in it. Or in anyone else's stream. Or in search.
Ah, she just responded to my second attempt, this morning. So some get through to the person even though they are not visible in the stream. I know tweets are dropped from Search sometimes, but mine are always dropped.
This is very weird.

o

I've looked at different stars pages and it just looks like they are talking to themselves.

Are they?

o

Shaun, what you're seeing is just their outgoing tweets.
Some of them are answers to other people, and you can see that person's tweet by clicking on their name.
It's kind of useful for musicians to tell people where they'll be playing, and they can use it like a notice board.
Seems pretty unreliable as a way of communicating! At least for me it has been.

o

No,not talking to themselves, they are saying things to everyone that is following them. It's like saying Hi to however many followers they have, all at the same time.
They make statements about all kinds of things. Right now I follow a few in pop music, like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and of course Adam .... a few others too.

o

Update: Since Safari seemed to not make a difference (after the two times it did), I forgot about my intention to use only it for Twitter. Was away for a while. Came back and sent out some tweets. None showed up in the addressee's timeline. At this point out of 35 or so tweets exactly two had shown up.
Just today I realized I was using Firefox. Tried Safari. Tweets are showing up now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here