Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody near the Denver airport?

Posted by lisa_in_germany (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 14:54

I am headed to New Mexico the end of next week (Fri. Aug. 28) and have a 4 hour layover at the airport if anybody lives close to there and would like to meet.
I am going to New Mexico for 10 weeks to take care of my parents. Dad had a double bypass two weeks ago and the arrangements they made aren't working out so I am flying out. If anyboy is near Alamogordo and is interested, maybe we could have a get together there also in the time I am there.
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody near the Denver airport?

I wish I were....but it's about 650m for me.
And I love New Mexico....not so much alamagordo....but.
You're a good daughter....but I guess we would all do the same.
Sending good healing thoughts to your father.
Linda C

o

Thanks, Linda. Thank God, he is doing really well, but as you may know, he is not allowed to do much of anything for the next three months.
"but I guess we would all do the same" Too bad my sister doesn't see it that way. Through everything my parents (mostly my Mom) have been through in the last 9 years since I moved here, she hasn't been there once. She lives in MS.
Lisa

o

Lisa, you are a good daughter indeed! I hope a speedy recovery for your dad so he can enjoy your visit.

Oh, no I'm not near Denver.

Cathy

o

Lisa, sending good, healing thoughts for your dad. I wish I were near Denver, but hopefully somebody will be able to meet you in one of your areas!

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Linda

o

Lisa, first best wishes for a fast recovery for Dad, a wonderful visit, and a safe trip.

I wish I were closer, but if you ever get through Chicago or O'hare Airport, yell!

You are a good daughter and person, and also have a great family that you can leave with peace for 10 weeks.

Peppi

o

Lisa, I would LOVE to meet you, but I'm in Michigan, a long way from Denver.

I'll say prayers for your Dad too. You ARE a good daughter and as you've noticed, not everyone would do the same.

Give your Dad a hug from me while you're there and enjoy his company.

Annie

o

Hey Lisa good to "see" you again. Sorry to read about your dad. I hope everything goes well. If you come back through OKC we'll go eat fishy stuff again.

o

LOL, Kim. I still remember that night. That was so much fun.
Since my kids don't live there anymore, don't know when I will get back to OK, but if I do, I will definitely contact you.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I almost have everything organized so I can leave on Thursday. Kids start school Monday/Tuesday and I fly out on Thursday. We did last minute shopping and picked up their books this weekend. DH will have to take care of the little things.
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here