SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Prayers for my FIL, please

annie1992
11 years ago

We went a couple of weeks ago to visit Elery's Dad and Stepmom in Ohio for his Dad's birthday. He is nearing 90 and has had some heart issues but overall is in pretty good health. He slept through nearly all the birthday party and just hasn't been feeling good. He has refused to see a doctor.

Finally, his wife demanded that he go. The doc did a colonoscopy and found a large tumor in the lower colon. We are waiting for pathology reports so that a decision on the next step can be made, but it will almost certainly include surgery.

Elery and his sister and brother are being very pessimistic, but they tend to be kind of hypochondriac. His brother sells drugs for a pharmaceutical company so he knows some things about health care, although I think I'd rather wait to hear from a doctor.

We are currently packing to start down, after the pathology report comes back and we are told what will be done next. Elery is already planning a suit and dress shirt in case a funeral is in the works, "just in case".

I'll also pack something presentable, but I prefer to be more upbeat until I hear otherwise.

Please, if you can, include James Elery Barnes in your prayers. He's a lovely, sweet and kind gentleman and currently in the Bethesda Medical Center.

Annie

Comments (73)