SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Chabby crossed the rainbow bridge.

lindac
13 years ago

No better this morning. Vet said they could do xrays and ct scans and then depending on what they found big deal surgery....and I said no. he said it was the humane thing to do. she has given me 11 years of joy and love and trouble laughs and pooping and peeing and I enjoyed almost every minute. I owe her as little pain as I can manage to provide.

She was a pampered princess, never left with anyone but my son or daughter, indulged with feather beds and hair bows, purple nail polish and a faux fur trimmed winter coat.

RIP sweet Chabby.

Linda C

Comments (67)

• claire_de_luna
    13 years ago

Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Chabby. I will never forgot how talking to you on the phone (however accidentally) made me feel better when it happened to Luna. Tears are appropriate for times like these, and seem to erupt long afterward too. (((Hugs))) to you on this difficult day.

• obxgina
    13 years ago

I am so very sorry Linda! Your stories about your Chabby always made me smile. I felt like we all knew her! You gave her such a good life! Sending you hugs and good thoughts! I'm so sorry !
    Gina

• Related Discussions

'Moo Moo' has crossed the rainbow bridge

Q

Comments (29)
    I'm sorry to hear about Moo Moo Trinity. It's never easy giving up such sweet and loyal friends. You did the right thing by her. (((((Trin)))))
    ...See More

My Tikki crossed the Rainbow Bridge today

Q

Comments (49)
    My sympathy in your loss. We have three Westies waiting at the Bridge. While it is always terribly sad to lose our pets, the death I most regret is our last Westie -- because we kept him going longer than we should have done, out of our own selfishness. You did the right thing in giving Tikki a loving home and in putting her to rest at the right time.
    ...See More

My black kitty crossed the rainbow bridge today

Q

Comments (63)
    Yes, I have saved some on Petfinder as well. I am also starting to see some cats on Nextdoor. Someone posted their roommate is moving cross-country and can't take her 3 cats. We got our little girl through Nextdoor. A couple was breaking up and they had 4 dogs and 4 cats that mostly needed to be re-homed. It is way too soon to think about new cats right now but I am hoping in the coming weeks that we will feel ready again. She's so sensitive I don't want to stress her out more by bringing someone in. After my previous cat died, we thought Shelby was too old and grumpy for a companion, but they got along great. Still, need to think about age of a new pet, gender, etc. She is 10 but very energetic.
    ...See More

My Wonderful Furkid Crossed Over The Rainbow Bridge Today

Q

Comments (86)
    @Allison0704 I’m sorry for the loss of your Ellie. I’m so not ready to face this again as i have two senior ladies with health issues. Please take comfort in knowing you gave her a wonderful life.
    ...See More
  • compumom
    13 years ago

I'm very sorry, but I know that you did the best thing. It pains me more to see pet parents hold on using extraordinary medical means, when it's not the humane thing to do. You gave her the ultimate and final gift, I wish that we could do that for humans too. I'm sure your heart and the house feel empty, but be comforted with all the joy that she brought to you.
    Hugs,

• Gina_W
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry Linda.

• riverrat1
    13 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry.

• lsr2002
    13 years ago

I just got home and came here first to check on Chabby I think I'm crying enough that my tears will flow across the miles to merge with yours. Chabby was a furbaby to all of us and she will be sadly missed. Just tell her that the big black poodle Brockley is looking for her.

Of course, as hard as I know it was, you did the right and loving thing for her. I know you loved each other well.

Lee

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lee...I too thought of Brockley...
    Yes....quiet....and I don't know how I will sleep without a doggie at my feet.
    Thank you for all your kind messages....my phone has been ringing my face book page and email full and a couple of friends have stopped over. Kind friends all...

• goldgirl
    13 years ago

Just saw this - so sorry that you lost your beloved Chabby :(

• sheesh
    13 years ago

You did the right thing, Linda. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Sherry

• coconut_nj
    13 years ago

Aw, Linda, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I feel like I've 'known' Chabby almost her whole life. I'll miss hearing about and seeing pics of her. It's hard to do, but at least you could spare her any more pain. Now to deal with your own pain. Condolences.

• diinohio
    13 years ago

Sorry Linda, I remember seeing pictures of her that you posted.

Di

• triciae
    13 years ago

I am genuinely sorry, Linda. It's hard to lose a beloved pet.

/tricia

• doucanoe
    13 years ago

Oh Linda. I was so hoping to come home and find happier news than this.

So terribly sorry for your loss. Chabby pretty much grew up with many of us in this group.

May it give you comfort to know that she had a wonderful life and a wonderful "mom".

Hugs...
    Linda
    (And sloppy smooches from Mojo and Chessa)

• Teresa_MN
    13 years ago

Linda - I am so sorry for your loss. I've experienced the loss of two long time pets and know the pain you are feeling. I'm glad you had so many years with Chabby and I hope you have some videos and photos you can enjoy in the future.

Thinking of you,
    Teresa

• BeverlyAL
    13 years ago

Linda, all I can do is say I'm terribly sorry and that's never enough. I've experienced your pain over more than one cat so I can truly say I know what it is like and it's not easy.

Beverly

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

Linda, my condolences. I am so sorry. She will be happy in doggie-heaven, and you were a loving and doting Mommy to her.

• rosewitch
    13 years ago

Linda, you were a loving Mommy right to the end. Chabby was blessed with your love and care.

• momof2doxies
    13 years ago

Linda, Chabby was so lucky to have you. There are many of us that know the pain that you are feeling.

Linda

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

So very sorry for you Linda. I will miss your Chabby stories.

It's so sad to lose a beloved pet.

Sending you hugs.

SharonCb

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

I am so very sorry Chabby is gone, we definitely will miss her.
    All the best to you in this sad time..........

• cotehele
    13 years ago

Linda, my heart goes out to you.

Judy

• gwtamara
    13 years ago

Oh, Linda - I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's never easy and I know it must be heartbreaking for you. She was a very lucky pampered princess.

• lakeguy35
    13 years ago

Linda, I'm so very sorry to be reading this tonight. As hard as it is you did the right thing for little Ms. Chabby. Your heart will heal with time. (((hugs))) to you my friend.

David

• trudy_gw
    13 years ago

Linda, so sorry to hear the sad news. You were so good to Chabby! You gave her a great life.....

Blessings and Hugs to you!

• weed30 St. Louis
    13 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry. It is so hard, but you did the right thing for your sweet little Chabby.

• Tracey_OH
    13 years ago

I am so sorry Linda . Thinking of you...

Tracey

• dlynn2
    13 years ago

Linda, Chabby has been on my mind all day. I left home early this morning and just returned, coming straight to the CF to check on you. I, too, am crying with you tonight. I've been here on CF for many years watching that little angel grow up and will miss her too. RIP, Chabby.

• acdonna
    13 years ago

Linda,
    I'm so sorry.
    Having gone through this myself, I understand the hole that is in your heart right now.
    Chabby will be waiting for you at the bridge.
    Donna

• jude31
    13 years ago

Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how special Chabby was to you.

(((HUGS)))
    jude

• kathleenca
    13 years ago

Lots of tears for you both, Linda. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you two had each other for so long - though it's never long enough.

Kathleen

• Bizzo
    13 years ago

tears for you. And more hugs.

(((((Linda))))

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

Linda I'm so sorry to read this. I know she was a special friend.

• craftyrn
    13 years ago

Hugs to you , Linda-- as hard as it is to let her go you made the right choice.

• sooz
    13 years ago

(((((Linda))))) I am so sorry for your loss. Doing the right thing can be so difficult! You're not alone...many of us have walked this same path. Sending you hugs...

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

Linda, Annie gave me the update on Chabby when we met for lunch. I was hoping for better news. I'll bet my Chowder Mae was there to greet her.

I'm definitely think of you and the loss of your pampered pet.

Cathy

• vacuumfreak
    13 years ago

Linda, I'm so sorry. How are you holding up? Hugs to you...

• chancesmom
    13 years ago

Oh, dear. I am so very sad for you Linda. Hugs for you and Chabby.

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the good wishes...after a week I still don't have a lead on a new furry friend....perhaps my feelings would be a reason to have 2 dogs....because when there is no doggie in the house it's really empty. I hear hear her tags jingle and see her out of the corner of my eye walking across the room.
    Linda C

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

I was wondering how you were holding up. I agree about the empty house. It took me a couple of months to find another friend. She hasn't filled the void he left, but she has her own place in my heart now. I know you'll find another good one. I'm hoping!

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Oh Linda, I didn't want another dog after the WonderWeiner and I heard his tags and "saw" him for months.

Now Cooper lives with me and he's a good dog, but he's not WW. He has his own place and since Ashley's new BF is allergic to dogs, I doubt that he's going anywhere. There are some pets that just can never be replaced in our hearts, but new pets find new places...

Annie

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well....there are many unfillable niches in my heart...doggie niches and people niches.
    I don't need a new furry friend to fill and erase the niche Chabby left....any more than I needed Chabby to fill the hole left by Char.
    I just need company in the house...some little creature to sit on my lap and to chew on my shoes.
    I need a new poodle pup...but don't want anything to do with a pet store or puppy mill dog....no matter how needy.

• dlynn2
    13 years ago

I know that I can never replace the pets that I lose. But, I always think of it in a different kind of way. I tell myself that the pets that I lose would love to know that another pet is able to share the wonderful love and home that we provide to our pets.

• vacuumfreak
    13 years ago

Linda, I am really glad you didn't rush out and get another dog immediately. A lot of times people do that when they lose a pet, and sometimes in their grief, they don't make the best decisions. My co-worker's boyfriend just lost his 15 year old poodle a week ago... the next day he came home with TWO poodles that cost 1000 dollars each! He was drinking again, and threatening to hurt himself, apparently the old dog was is only reason for living. What you wrote describes the way I see it perfectly.... you can't replace the old friend, nor should you try, but you still want the companionship. I can't wait to see the thread that includes pictures and the story about the new, very lucky friend you've adopted when the time is right. Continued hugs...

• blueiris24
    13 years ago

I haven't been on the CF regularly for a while, so I just saw this. I'm so sorry for your loss, Linda. Only other pet people can understand the hole that our little furry friends leave behind. I work in dog rescue so I've seen a lot of dog/people matches made in heaven, but know only a few completely steal our hearts... hope you find your match in a timely manner, and hugs to you for your loss

• Lisa_in_Germany
    13 years ago

Linda, I don't come over to this side of the forum very often, but decided to check today. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
    I hope you find a new companion soon.
    Lisa

• cloudy_christine
    13 years ago

Linda, I'm sorry to hear this. How right you were to spare Chabby all the tests and treatments.

• adoptedbygreyhounds
    13 years ago

So sorry to hear about sweet Chabby.

My favorite memory of her is the picture of her upside-down in the flower pot, chasing (?) chipmunks!

• lindac
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't know because she never did catch it...
    She was a zany dog for sure...and I sure miss her...

• KatieC
    13 years ago

Awww, Linda. I haven't checked in for awhile. I am so sorry to hear about Chabby. She saw you through some hard times.

I believe our pets find us. You'll know your next companion when you see her/him.

• susie_que
    13 years ago

Linda I am so sorry for your loss.
    Chabby was such a sweetie-I know how your heart is breaking.
    My Gretch was also 11 yrs old and she left such a huge hole in my heart and my home.

As you know I did get some new pals a few weeks ago and its been so much easier....I can't tell you what to do but there is new joy in our home.

Best to you.

Susie