Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Olympics Humor

Posted by compumom (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 2:36

Just had to share, but not vetted...

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them...
Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Olympics Humor

That is hilarious! I have watched some much of the Olympics (present and past), how did I miss that? Maybe because I flip the channel when the commentators come on.

o

That sounds like the best parts of the olympic coverage!

Sally

o

After Googling, I discovered that this is from the 2008 Olympics, still funny, but not current!
I suspect that those talking heads will provide some good ones this year too!

o

Those are funny and I can see how a commentator might walk right into one of those. Any sport that has the snatch and the clean and jerk is bound to get a few "oops".

The commentators have been driving me crazy this year, and why is Ryan Seacrest at the Olympics anyway??

o

I knew it was from other Olympic (other than 2012) because 2008 was the last softball event. Yeah, right I would rather have ribbon twirling than softball! Purely political decision to eliminate softball. Okay, I'm through venting.

o

#9 I believe was based on something that Arnold Palmer said on the Johnny Carson show back in the 60's.

Still funny though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here