SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Itching For Solutions

1. Regarding moths in rice (and bird seeds), some moths are controlled by bay leaves. Apparently some of these imported moths are not. Their eggs cannot be killed by freezing. ThatÂs why I bake the rice in the oven to kill the eggs. These moths are also different in that they are not attracted by light; therefore insect zappers using UV light will not do the job. Some adhesive moth traps work, but they are expensive.

2. Out of curiosity, I bought an electronic fly zapper that looks like a tennis racket on eBay I was very surprised that the thing actually works. You swing the thing and it vaporizes flies, mosquitoes, moths, fruit flies, etc. in mid air. You donÂt need to mess up your walls like if you use a fly swatter. I use that to eliminate those annoying moths. When HaborFreight had them on sale for $3.00 each, I bought two dozs to give to friends. Kids have a great time chasing bugs and zap them.

3. I noticed that many of you are cooking and eating outdoors. Of course, mosquitoes are also eating too. What do you do with all those nasty itchy bites? I have not found any good anti-itch lotion that works. Interestingly, this drug-free method works like magic. You just use a hair dryer and blow on the itchy area with high-heat setting as hot as you can bear. The itch goes away for four to eight hours. Works for all types of itch, including poison ivy burns. You will not burn your skin with the hair dryer because you are controlling the hair dryer.

dcarch

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH