SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Hot Coffee and Casey Anthony

dedtired
12 years ago

Okay, we're all still feeling outraged about the Casey Anthony verdict and also maybe getting tired of the whole thing. Like most, I was appalled by the decision. However, as I've listened to more and more discussions by reasonable people (in other words, not Nancy Grace), I can see how the jury made the best decision. They found Casey not guilty, however they did not find her innocent -- big difference IMHO. Let's face it, we weren't there at the murder scene or serving as jurors.

Coincidentally, I watched the documentary called "Hot Coffee" on HBO last night. It talks about, among other things, the outrage people had when a woman was awarded a huge settlement from McDonald's when she spilled hot coffee on her legs in the car. You absolutely must see it. It really underscores how we don't always get the real story, the truth behind those so-called big settlements and who is behind the call for tort reform.

The man-in-the-street interviews are very revealing. Love the response to "what is a tort?" -- people answered it's kind of a flat thing with fruit in it. Oy.

If you have a chance to see Hot Coffee, I hope you'll take the time to watch it. I think you'll learn a lot, as I did. Very eye opening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hot Coffee

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus