Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm back, but where did I go?

Posted by jessyf (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 5, 09 at 14:02

Ive been gone for a few months from real life and the forum. The family has been eating my fast-food cooking, burgers, souvlaki, spaghetti and meat sauce, repeat. Ive ignored my friends etc. I was working 24/7 researching our family triptime to share. But you need to guess where I went, three hints below. Those of you who know, keep yer mouths shut! Full trip report and pictures, mostly food, to follow on the Gallery, simultaneously posting if you just want to jump there. Im home and exhausted!

Hint One:

Hint Two:

Hint Three, Ive mentioned this as my favorite quote:

One of the hints was supposed to be a sign saying 'AELTC' but we couldn't get there.

Post your guesses, then click over to the Gallery....

Here is a link that might be useful: Link at the Gallery, full report

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm back, but where did I go?

Too easy......
Linda C

o

heh heh Linda

(and a BIG thank you to Sharon and whoever else did birthday coverage!)

o

Yes, way too easy!

o

Even me who's never travelled outside the US..except to British Columbia...knows where you went..LOL First clue nailed it but second confirmed..don't know nothing bout the third. LOL

o

Groovy signs! I know the country but not the specific towns, at least not for sure.

Great to have you back. I was wondering today if I should worry. . . .

o

Way too easy especially the first photo.

o

I know! I know! (Waves hand in air madly)

Welcome back!

Did you have tomatoes for breakfast? or any spotted dick?

o

I know too, but I cheated. You told me, LOL.

Annie

o

I know where you went -- I lived in that country for a year when I was 16 and have gone back a couple of times, but it's been way too long.

I'm soooo envious!

o

I know, I know...only because you told me.

Going over to the Gallery!

Glad you are home and I'm envious too:-)

o

(yeah I figured the first one was a give-away but not every one has read the books)

I figured standing next to a sign that said 'AELTC' - All England Lawn and Tennis Club, aka Wimbledon, would present a bit more of a challenge but it was impossible to get in this year with British Andy Murray looking likely to get to the finals, and the Williams sisters powering through every day.

o

Well, heck! I replied here last night and it somehow disappeared. That has happened a few times lately.

Your narrative took me back to when I went to England in 1980. I walked many of the places that you and your family walked. I loved St. Paul's and Westminster Abbey and saw Warwick Castle before it was "Disney-vised." Lower Slaughter was my favorite village.

If/when I go back again, I want to visit York, Devon, Cornwall, and Edinburgh again. Thanks for the visit!

Teresa

o

We used to have a dining room in Mtl that served Sally Lunn buns for tea, I hope you had some !!

o

You went to Hogwarts!! How Cool! :-)

o

I am envious! It has been a few years since I have taken a trip to Europe. I really need to go again!

Glad you had a good time!

Linda

o

Did you have to sleep in the cupboard under the stairs?

Sounds wonderful and I am popping over to see you pics now. Welcome home.

o

Welcome back!!!

Missed you! But your vaca looks awesome.

Nancy

o

Welcome home! I did know your destination, but after reading about three days of your journey, I need a vacation! LOL
catch up on some needed rest, you did an awesome job of planning this trip!

o

Teresa, your post didnt get lost, I think it was on the other thread, grin. Id like to cover Wales, Scotland and the lake district next time. I wasnt as impressed with Bath as much as everyone else is. Over run by tourists, and Im more interested in history than architecture.

Mitch, nope, we were heading for dinner next door at the time, so no Sally Lunns for us, I figured I could make them at home, myself.

Bizzo, LOL, I tried pushing through that wall heh heh, would have been shorter than the drive to Oxfords Christ Church college for the dining hall of Hogwarts.

Linda, wait a bit. The dollar is a bit stronger (1.6 exchange, better than the 2.0 of a few years ago) now but it was still horrifically expensive.

Pam, nope no cupboards for me, LOL! There are whole HP filming site tours, kids weren't interested, :-(

o

but Jessica, next time, you have to go to Devon and Yorkshire and Cambridge and Avebury and back to London .... and Paris....as well

o

Jessy, you WERE missed. Sounds like you had a great time. What did the kids like best?

o

Sherry, I still feel like I'm not back yet, sigh. DS16 liked being out of London, he liked the countryside, and he liked British TV. DS14 liked Oxford and Fortnum and Mason. I liked everything because I planned what I wanted to see bwahahahaha

o

Were you in prison?

o

I'm finished!

Now this is a great travelog! I loved reading every tidbit and looked at every picture. I know you guys had a blast. Are you as excited as I am about the new Harry Potter movie coming out? Can't wait!

Seriously, you and Cathy should look into private travel arranging for people :-) I would use you both because I'm not so good at it.

Now I want to go to England, thankyouverymuch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here