SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Mother refusing to go to hospital

Lars
11 years ago

My mother has had a urinary infection for over a week now and cannot control her kidneys. Her pain keeps getting worse, but she will not let anyone take her to the hospital because she cannot control her bladder. I think my brother or his wife will try again today, but I do not feel that either of them are very competent, or else they would have already gotten her there. I have recommended that they call an ambulance if they are unable to handle the situation. One of them will have to stay with our father, since he cannot be left alone, due to dementia from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. DF seems to be cheerful enough during this ordeal while DM says that this is the worst she has felt in her entire life and that she wants to get a gun and shoot herself. Her own mother was like this near the end of her life, and so I am more than a little bit worried.

My brother and sister in Texas seem prepared to leave the situation as it is with our mother in extreme pain. My SIL hates my father and does not want to stay with him while Mike (her husband and my brother) take DM to hospital. Mother does not want Lynda (SIL) to take her to the hospital but says that she would prefer Mike to take her. In the meantime, no one is taking her. I don't have a good relationship with Mike, but Kevin is on speaking terms with him and can get updates from him. Mike has been hateful to me most of our lives (mostly from jealousy), and I have never liked him. I have a somewhat better relationship with his daughters, however.

Thursday I am going to hospital myself for my parathyroid surgery, but I would like for Mother to be taken care of first. It's not practical at this point for me to try to go to Texas to help her, but if I did not have surgery scheduled, this is what I would do.

I'll post more information later.

Lars

Comments (49)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz