SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

All you have is light beer???

lowspark
13 years ago

Do you remember those commercials? "I just [insert great feat here] and all you have is light beer?"

What beer company was it? I'm looking for one or more of those old commercials on youtube and cannot find anything!

Can anyone help?

Now, the back story. In a conversation I was having with my son on a completely unrelated topic, it came up that although he was very familiar with the line in Back to the Future when Biff says something like, "I had your car towed all the way to your house and all you have is light beer?", he didn't know the line is a take off on those ads. My son (22 yo) thought it was a funny line, but had no idea that the line was related to a TV ad from the 80s.

Wow. It never occurred to me that he didn't know the ad but why would he? He was born in 1987! Come to find out, his brother (20 yo) also, while familiar with the line in the movie had no idea it was related to a commercial.

So, I'd like to find one of those old commercials and show it to them. I thought it would be easy enough to find one on youtube but I've had no success. I figured that, as always, the best place to ask for help is CF.

May

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH