SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsutt_gw

Grannies in the Kitchen

jsutt
11 years ago

I confess ... We watch a lot of cooking shows on the tube and with almost predictable frequency at least one chef/contestant will wax sentimental about how their passion for cooking was first fired by early experiences cooking with their grandmother, mother, aunt or some other older mentor. The picture I posted is my Beloved and our grandson as he helps make his first loaf of bread. It's our hope we can continue to encourage that same sense of delight he shows, but who can tell what will come. Which brings me to my question ... what was your experiences as either a child or adult that got you into cooking? Did you first stir marinara in your immigrant grandmother's arms? Were you a latchkey kid whose only afterschool companion was Julia Childe? Were you first introduced to cooking in the deserts of Kuwait during Desert Storm? Are you that grandparent or parent passing the torch to the next generation? Clearly, I'm just being nosy, but what's your best early memory that helped form your love for preparing and sharing food?

Comments (5)