SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Prayers for Ashley please....

annie1992
10 years ago

As some of you know, my daughter Ashley is 33 weeks pregnant with her second daughter.

She's been in the hospital for two days now, the doctors thought it was kidney stones, then maybe a gall bladder attack, now it appears that they really don't have a clue (as has been my normal experience with doctors, ugh).

They took her to Grand Rapids by ambulance today, as there is a neonatal unit there and if they decide to do anything about anything ever, they want her to be there.

Some prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated as no one seems to have any idea what's going on, what will be done or when, if anything is done at all. Ashley is impatient, Kevin is worried, I'm getting angry and poor little Madi just wants her Mommy.

Annie

Comments (113)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

of course, that little one will move back to where ever she wants to be. I hope they name her Annie.

This is good news. I remember that feeling of a little heel under my ribs. That hurt. Now that heel is a size 11, and I don't mean that my son is a heel! He's terrific.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ann, I sure hope so, it's going to be a long month, I'm afraid.

Pam, I don't think there is an "Annie" in the future, LOL. She will be either Maci Elise or Kendall Elise. At this point, that will probably change a dozen times too before she's born.

As long as she and Ashley are both fine, I'm good with whatever she's called. I already have a niece named after me (Julie Anne) and a great niece, Angelique (remember I'm actually an Angela), plus Ashley and I both have "Marie" for a middle name, that should be quite enough in this family!

Annie

• Related Discussions

Munson Maniacs to the rescue please... ASHLEY?

Q

Comments (2)
    Fairysoap, not the best pictures, one has too much sunlight. This was the first time blooming last yr.
    ...See More

need advise for ashley,please

Q

Comments (11)
    sorry I am just now getting back to you all,but I been busy baking a cake ,Thank you all that reply to my post and for your advise.I was telling the lady that works at the drug store and she laughed,she the old wise tell was that when the baby has the hipcups its growing hair,LOL,Ashley said mom's that is what my boss said,she said mom when he decides to move he sticks his feet right up in my ribs,she said it hurts so bad.Me and greg went shopping for our grandson.Someone said I can tell you one thing that grandson will be spoiled rotten by greg[my dh]some of you know greg by me posting here all these years and he has a BIG heart,Ashley is spoiled too,being the only child.But I miss you all and again thanks for all your replys,greg;s off after monday for two weeks[vacation and we purchase a logout-doorbuilding]so so cute,has a loft and porch and I am purching two rockers for the porch.I may decide to move out there.I have always wanted a log house to live in.But in the two weeks greg is off they are suppose to move it in and set it up for us.there is a certain place we want it so that is why we will be very busy.Thanks for letting me talk.Hugs to all Judy in alabama
    ...See More

Prayer request please

Q

Comments (215)
    Iris. Hailey just beautiful. Pet owners sure do go thru much pain and sorrow along with the joy. I'm sorry you lost your lovely girl. ((((HUGS)))) I've never lost a pet since Lil is my first but just the thought is painful. Iris, I'm one of those that don't share my feelings irl. Seems it's much easier in the forum. I have had dramatic things happen in my life but I'm not really a dramatic person although I suppose with my sharing at the forum it probably appears I am. Lol. Desertsteph...LOL at the nurse. I have raised three boys..my adult sons.....need I say more. LOL when my Michael was 12 he climbed a fence at my sister's cutting his hand and ended up with a boat load of stitches. Two days later he was running around our back yard when the neighbors dog came charging biting him in the leg...more stitches and a drainage tube. ...that same day he was running down the steps fell off of one measly step and broke a leg..same leg as the dog bite. They cut a window in the cast. Oh my yep it was always something. I do certainly have drama in my life..who doesnt. Lol
    ...See More

ID help please - Amelia and Ashley

Q

Comments (3)
    Thanks for responding! No, I don't think they were local. I usually got most of my roses from Heirloom, ARE, and one other whose name I can't recall. These two particular roses may have come from elsewhere, since I was looking for specific names, but I just don't remember. However, you've reminded me that somewhere I did keep some records.... if I can only find that notebook.... LOL it was about 25 years ago but I bet that notebook is around here somewhere. Although I'm not sure that will help me assign which name to which rose, but it's a start. Thank you! :) Dee
    ...See More
  • dedtired
    10 years ago

I have a niece named Julie, too. She is wonderful.

Lovely name choices. I know what you mean about all that matters is that they are just fine. There is so much to worry about, but with all the ultrasounds, etc, you can practically shake their hand before they are born, so far fewer worries.

Can;t wait to hear the news. Maybe Princess Ashley and Princess Kate (or whatever her title is) will give birth on the same day although maybe it would be best if Ashley hangs on a bit longer.

• mustangs81
    10 years ago

Good to hear her boss is working with her.

I can't wait for you to meet this little one; I'm sure she will put the challenges behind you all quickly.

• KatieC
    10 years ago

Geeeez...I go awol for a coupla weeks....

Glad to see Ashley is getting some relief. Changing my opinion/fear of chiropractic since I hefted a toteful of old scifi paperbacks the wrong way....

• bunnyman
    10 years ago

Hope Ashley continues to get better.

: )

• artsyshell
    10 years ago

annie1992, So SORRY that you all are having to go through this! I just read this now and can only imagine the agony and worry that you all have been going through! Sending prayers, hugs, and best wishes. Hoping Ashley's pain eases soon, and is non pregnancy related (at least not where the baby is concerned)!

Annie I so admire your motherly fighting spirit, and toughness! Obviously some of the people you are dealing with, don't have children or else they would totally get where you are coming from!

Hoping for continuing good news and comfort for your daughter!

• trudy_gw
    10 years ago

Annie, so sorry Ashely is having problems. Sounds like your family is as busy as ever!

Praying for pain relief and the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

• Lars
    10 years ago

I hope that Ashley is a close drive to the hospital, and I deeply sympathize with the problems you have had with the medical professionals. Many of them need psychiatric help regarding how to relate to patients. There are good ones, but they are sometimes difficult to find.

It sounds like you have a rather tense situation, and I wish Ashley all the best and pray that she gets all the care that she needs.

Lars

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone, Ashley is actually feeling a lot better. Still not 100% and taking it pretty easy, but better.

Now Amanda just got out of the hospital, I had Bud and Makayla for a couple of days. Amanda had her first seizure in 7 years. She works midnights, so she went to a family picnic on Saturday, worked Saturday night, didn't have breakfast, didn't go to sleep and attended a baptism on Sunday morning in a local church with no air conditioning and indoor temps somewhere in the 90s. She never made it out of the parking lot.

A couple of days in the hospital, some IV fluids, an extra doe of her meds and she feels better now, but she's off work for two weeks. It'll probably do her a world of good, frankly.

Plus Elery's two grandsons are here from California, they are 10 and 11, we have them until Friday. It's been a busy couple of weeks.

Annie

• colleenoz
    10 years ago

Goodness, it never rains but it pours! I guess Amanda's seizure was Nature's way of telling her to slow down and look after herself better. I hope she is fighting fit soon, as I also hope for Ashley to be.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Oh, poor Amanda. Perhaps the seizure was a good reminder, but but jeez that must be scary. I'm so glad she is okay now, and also that Ashley is doing well.

Annie, I do not know where you get your energy. First watching Madi, then Makayla and Bud and now Elery's grandsons, wow. If that were me, I'd be the one in the hospital.

• cloudy_christine
    10 years ago

Oh no! So sorry about Amanda.
    But the news about Ashley is very good to hear!

• compumom
    10 years ago

Here ya go-- Ashley cleared up like my DD did when she was pregnant. It's one of those medical enigma's. Expensive, worrisome and painful, without pinpointing the cause! I'm relieved that she's feeling much better.
    Annie, you and I could trade places with our girls and their nervewracking hospitalization or illnesses. My DD has has had shingles, viral meningitis, sinus infections, salmonella from sushi and just this weekend, a bad allergic reaction to hidden pistachio nuts at a restaurant-- all in 2013!!

You are amazing!!! I truly don't know how you do it all! Sending best wishes and hugs to Amanda too! I guess this means that you'll need to become the chauffeur now that she's had a seizure?

• Lars
    10 years ago

I hope your weather improves soon, for both Amanda and Ashley. My mother told me that August was the absolute worst time to have a baby (especially in Texas), and my sister was born at the end of August. I'll bet you are getting good use of your pool!

I pray that everyone's condition gets better!

Lars

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think everyone has been in my pool, so it's at least getting used, I'm not cleaning it for no reason this year.

The boys go home tomorrow. Amanda cannot drive until she is cleared by her neurologist, usually that's 6 months, so we'll have to drive her to work for a while. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 4, I'll drive her. There are two worrisome aspects of this seizure. First, she did not have an "aura", which she has always had before, so no warning. Second, she had a complicated seizure, which included something called Todd's paresis, a temporary paralysis of one side. We thought at first she might have had a stroke, but that was ruled out through MRI. Anyway, she still feels tired and has a slight limp on the left side, but we are told that it will resolve itself completely within days, usually it's within hours or even minutes.

Annie

• compumom
    10 years ago

This certainly does add more complexity to already worrisome events. I'm sending good vibes in your direction. Amanda & Ashley will remain in my thoughts and I hope this temporary abnormality resolves itself very soon!
    Hugs to you wonderwoman!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

This is the first I am seeing this. I am sorry to be so late to the game. ((((Annie, Amanda, Ashley, all the crew))) My best wishes, thoughts, and prayers for you all.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Wish I had a pool to jump in these days. It's so hot here my weather app shows flames shooting out of the thermometer.

So sorry Amanda's seizure was so severe. Not being able to drive must be a huge inconvenience for her. Thank heavens she has a supportive family to help, although it sounds like that is mainly you. Well, thank heavens for you.

• Solsthumper
    10 years ago

If it ain't one thing...

I hope the sudden changes in temperature won't trigger another seizure for Amanda. She needs to take things slow. Not an easy task for a mom with two kids, I know. But they're old enough to help keep mom cool and comfortable.

Continued thoughts for Ashley and big sister Amanda.

Sol

• tami_ohio
    10 years ago

I am continuing my prayers for Ashley and adding Amanda! And for you, Annie. Stay healthy!

Tami

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tami, I'm fine. I took Amanda to her doctor's appointment today, I think they are going to change her meds. She's on Tegretal and "they" say there are newer/better options. The problem is that they have to wean her off slowly, risking a seizure, then put her on the new stuff and wait to see if it works. If it doesn't, well, they'll know when she has a seizure. Ugh.

The doc told her that "most young women her age" could do everything, but that, unfortunately, she can't. I wish she had my energy and health, but she doesn't and frankly, has never had. Her body just seems to "break down" when she pushes it too hard.

I loved having all the kids here. We went to a local amusement park and to Ludington to the beach, and to the farm to see the new calves. However, I remember now why I stopped at two kids!

Ashley says they have scheduled her c-section for August 13 and she's sticking it out at least until August. This heat wave might have changed her mind...

Annie

• User
    10 years ago

Wow. Adding Amanda to the prayers.

• sally2_gw
    10 years ago

Your poor babies. I'll keep both of them in my thoughts. I'm glad you had the great fun of your family visiting.

Sally

• beachlily z9a
    10 years ago

OMG Annie! Hope Amanda is improving. Ashley, Aug 13 isn't far away. Maybe a bit earlier, girl!

I don't know how you do it, Annie, but I really admire you! All the best to you and your family.

• KatieC
    10 years ago

I hope all is going well this week. Nothing's wose than watching your kids go through stuff...sighhhh...

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Things are going better. She's still off work, no lifting, no stairs, she's been in the OB department twice getting injections to stop contractions.

Yesterday was the "magic" 37 week mark, so now whatever happens they are just going to let it, barring complications.

Amanda returned to work on Monday night, we'll see how she does.

Thanks for the good thoughts, keep thinking them!

Annie

• mtnester
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Annie. Still keeping Ashley and Amanda in my thoughts. Hope all goes smoothly from here on.

Sue

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

thanks for the update, I kept popping in to see what was up, I'm glad the time is ripe and we'll see what tomorrow brings, all the best to all of you.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Good news all around, all things considered. I will definitely keep thinking!

• cloudy_christine
    10 years ago

Yay! 37 weeks! Great news.

• ann_t
    10 years ago

Annie, thanks for the update. Glad to hear that Ashley and Amanda are doing better.

Looking forward to meeting your new grandchild.

~Ann

• lsr2002
    10 years ago

I can't believe I missed this until now. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Lee

• blueiris24
    10 years ago

Annie, I haven't been on here in a long time - just saw this - wishing all of you the best

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Still in my prayers. Hope you all are okay.

• tami_ohio
    10 years ago

Continuing my prayers for all.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We're still all OK, I went over for several hours today, took Madi to play at the playground, did some laundry and house cleaning, let the dogs out. Yup, that's me, LOL, I let the dogs out.

The C-section is in 6 days, if she continues to do OK, and she seems much better. I'll just stop holding my breath when that baby is here safely.

Amanda is back to work and says she's OK, and I think the 2 weeks off work did her a world of good because she looks and sounds better. I told her to stop picking up everyone else's shifts and just work her scheduled hours, for crying out loud.

Elery's son, DIL and their three kids will be here Friday and stay until Monday. His daughter and her fiancee spent three days here last weekend. His sister and BIL want to come up, so it's still been pretty wild, but it's good wild. Of course, we're remodeling both upstairs bedrooms and the only place for anyone to sleep is on an inflatable bed in the living room for now. His son has the right idea, they're staying in a motel!

Oh, and Sherry and Roger (sheshebop) are going to visit on Monday, hooray! I'm excited, I miss Sherry.

But, right this minute, everything is going well, thank you everyone for the prayers and the thoughts.

Annie

• cloudy_christine
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update, Annie. I'm so glad things are looking good for Ashley and Amanda.

• jude31
    10 years ago

Well, Annie, it's about time for the "coming out" party. I hope the delivery is smooth and trouble free and that Ashley and what I suspect is going to be a big girl come through with flying colors. Our prayers for a smooth non-eventful delivery. Hugs to Ashley, baby and Grandma Annie

jude

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

How funny, I was just wondering the same thing as you Jude! Still on my mind too.

Thinking about y'all!

• ann_t
    10 years ago

I've been checking in here every day looking for an update.

Glad Ashley and Amanda are doing better.

• triciae
    10 years ago

Is tomorrow the big day? Anxiously waiting for news and pictures...

/tricia

• Solsthumper
    10 years ago

Has the ritual of nervously pacing the floor started?

Just remember, you're all cradled in a blanket of support...and impatience.
    C'mooon baby.

Sol

• User
    10 years ago

LOL blanket of impatience........................too funny but so true.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, she's made it to The Day. Well, The Day is actually tomorrow, but it's close. At the hospital at 5:30 am, she's the first "scheduled" surgery, that means it'll be afternoon before she's finished, out of recovery, allowed visitors, etc.

Amanda was over yesterday and looks pale and tired, with big dark circles under her eyes. Her medication levels are still low, in spite of increasing her medication to the highest allowable dosage. So, after Maci/Kendall/whoever (grin) comes, I'll be pacing the floor until the September 30 neurologist appointment. Nothing happens quickly, I guess, and I'm such a patient person too. Ahem.

Bud is spending the rest of the week with me while his sister is camping with "the other" Grandma, so Amanda can get a break, at least.

Annie

• compumom
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear that Amanda is so tired. Hopefully she can just rest this week while Bud stays with you. He'll love helping to take care of Wondermutt!
    Hugs to all!

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

All the best for this joyous event, as you welcome a new member of your family !!!

• User
    10 years ago

Are we there yet?

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Any news? Maybe not until later in the day. Sigh.

• riverrat1
    10 years ago

Oh man! I'm just reading this! I see that little Maci is here and all is well in the world with Ashley...finally! Now, Amanda...I pray she is feeling better. Annie, I have been thinking about you! I'm not sure why I didn't just pop on over here and check it out.