SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeguy35

Guess who I had breakfast with Saturday and lunch with today??

lakeguy35
13 years ago

Justin!!

Woo flippin' hoo! Justin is home for a very short 20 day leave after doing his first tour in Afghanistan. He was sent back a couple of weeks before the rest of his unit to take some special training classes. That cut his leave time by ten days so we only have him for 20 day rather than the normal 30. He will still have credit for the 10 days and we/he hopes he will be back here for the holidays and his Birthday. He missed all of that due to his deployment last fall.

There are no words to describe seeing him coming through the securtiy gates at the airport. We were a group of around 40 waiting for our son/nephew/friend. The cheers and applause for him and a couple of other guys in the military was something else.

We all heading to a favorite breakfast place as he wanted some REAL biscuits and gravy along with eggs and chicken fried steak. Busy weekend for sure. I'm happy to report he seems to be okay and cool. I was more than concerned how he might be dealing with all that he has been through and experienced the last several months. They lost 5 from thier unit. My sister took the day off from work on Monday to spend some one on one time with him. She said he seems to be okay/cool and his normal self. We have a afternoon of fishing planned so we can hang out and talk.

His food request are a turkey dinner, prime rib, lobster, and crab legs....yes I/we will be taking care of that over the next several weeks. We grilled burgers and steaks over the weekend. He looks slim to me, lost 13lbs. pounds, but has to keep his weight in check for whatever reason.

Y'all helped and joined in on his send off party last fall so I'd thought I'd let ya know what's up and going on.

It's so cool to have him home...even thought the time is short.

David

Comments (29)