Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yesterday was the 51st Anniversary of my Sweet 16th Birthday

Posted by nancedar (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 20:50

Totally rocked the customers at this past Wed eve Farmers Market when they saw my "for kid's" cheesy HB banner, hangy-down crepe paper streamers, and big bowls of free cookies to celebrate my birthday. They looked at me like I had three heads. Too funny. I told them it was my birthday and I was offering them a free cookie (either old-fashioned wheat or gluten-free sour cream sugar cookies, or both) since no one I know well would ever consider baking ME a cake -- LOL LOL LOL. A whole lot of free laughter gave me another year of anticipation that I will be here again next year to be silly on my birthday and give away some yummy cookies.

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yesterday was the 51st Anniversary of my Sweet 16th Birthday

Well, happy birthday to you, a day late. Sounds like it was a good one and weren't you the sweetie to give gifts to others on your birthday. I would also like to thank you for being a couple years older than I am ;)

happy birthday a day late Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Good for you, streamers, cookies and all -- I hope you have many happy returns of the day!

o

Oh, you kids have all the fun! I just celebrated the 65th anniversary of my Sweet 16th Birthday. Way to go Nancy! What a neat way to celebrate.

jude

o

That's a good way to look at birthdays. I am going to steal the idea from you. So nice of you to offer free cookies. Let them stare. One thing good about getting old, you get to be who you want to be. Your post reminded me of that old woman purple poem. (see link below).
Happy Birthday!
Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE

o

Happy Belated, and what a fun way to spend your day.

Gremlins - your birthday did not pop for some reason. If you want me to start a thread for you next year, give me a holler the day before (and make sure I get the email, I always respond).

o

Happy Birthday, Nancedar! it sounds like it was tons of fun, I'll take a cookie please, whatever is left over will do.

Let's see, it would be the 51st anniversary of my 16th birthday just a couple of weeks ago too, so I'll also have to thank Jude for being older, it seems that you are a couple of weeks younger than me. Dedtired won't confess, LOL.

I should certainly hope you'll be around for another birthday next year, you sure aren't THAT old and I'm not either!

Annie

o

Annie, did you check your math?

o

LOL, Annie. Don't be in such a hurry to get old!

o

A belated happy birthday from me, too. I love your idea of sharing cookies on your birthday!

Sally

o

Yeah, I guess You're right, I was an English major, not a math scholar. Sigh. That would the the 41st anniversary of my 16th birthday.

I was just trying to fit in. Yeah. That's it. (wink)

So you are ALL older than me, LOL. Wow, I feel like such a kid again. (grin)

Annie

o

Happy Belated Birthday Nancy. I like the way you think. Great way to celebrate your birthday.

Annie, you are still just a baby. I'll be celebrating the 44th anniversary of my sweet 16th in a few months.

~Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here