SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

For all the parents of elementary students.....

caliloo
10 years ago

SUMMER PACKET FOR TEACHERS

Dear Teachers,
I have attached a "Summer Packet" for you! I am sure you will enjoy this project so very much!!!!! Since you have 76 days off until school resumes in the fall, I have included 228 pages of paper (please "log" 3 times a day). Additionally I have provided a journal and a math packet! Please ensure that all work is complete by September 3. Please follow the instructions below:

Please keep track of every trip you make, even if it is just a park with your children. Log in what the weather was in your current location as well as in Moscow, Japan and Australia. Then calculate what the temperature will be in those locations for the next thirty days. Please also color pictures of all of these trips.

Every time you read a book, magazine, recipe, Reader's Digest, cereal box (you get it), log where you were while reading. Then tell how many minutes it took to read it, how you felt, what you were wearing and who else was in the room. Please also include any new words you learned. Write each word 10 times, each in a different color crayon.

The attached "math packet" should help keep your skills sharp. Please set aside 10 minutes per how old you are (so I would be 460 minutes) a day to this task.

If you go to the beach, please collect shells. Research those shells to determine their approximate age, the ocean's wear on the shells and then purchase a tri-fold board. Glue all shells to the board and provide tangible evidence of your reserach. You will be required to present this on September 3.

If you go to the mountais do the same thing, but with rocks.

I hope you have a super summer! :-)

The Parents

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm