SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

hyperparathyroidism appointment w/surgeon

Lars
11 years ago

Monday I have an appointment with a surgeon at UCLA Medical facility, but I will have to go early for more tests in the morning before I meet with the surgeon the same afternoon. So I wrote an email at work that I would be out on Monday and mentioned that I would be meeting with a surgeon for hyperparathyroidism, and when my boss (the owner of the company) got the email, she called me and wanted to know all about it. Now she thinks she has hyperparathyroidism and wants to see an endocrinologist for tests to see if she needs the surgery too! She said to me, "Why didn't MY doctor send me to an endocrinologist?!" She wants to know everything I find out on Monday. I'm not even having surgery that day, but this will be the second endocrinologist for me, and if he concurs that I need surgery, then I will be convinced. The pain in my finger joints is getting worse. What I can't believe is that my boss has not already seen an endocrinologist, as she has seen quite a few doctors, and it seems that someone who have recommended one to her.

I'm dreading the drive up I405 to Brentwood during morning rush hour traffic, which can come to a grinding halt before I even reach the Santa Monica Freeway. It's not that far to go, but I'll give myself at least an hour.

Lars

Comments (31)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm