SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triciae_gw

I Have Been Accepted!

triciae
12 years ago

I received a phone call from John Hopkins.

My primary care doctor & my neurologist combined forces & recommended me to the Sjogren's Center at John Hopkins. All of us feel it's my best hope. I've been waiting for months to hear something, anything, from them. It's been an emotional rollercoaster ride for my entire family. Will I be accepted (many, many are not)? Will I not be accepted? Will my insurance pay or will treatment bankrupt us?

With this morning's phone call, I am officially a patient of Dr. Birnbaum's! He personally reviewed all of my information & has decided to accept me as a new patient. My appointment is October 18 @ 8:00 a.m. SHARP! (yeah, right)

Seriously, this guy is my best & last hope.

Here's his bio from John Hopkin's...

"Dr. Julius Birnbaum, Associate Director

Dr. Julius Birnbaum graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University, received his M.D. from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed his Residency in Neurology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, a Residency in Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center; Bronx, NY, and a Rheumatology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He earned his Masters in Clinical Investigation at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins.

Dr. Birnbaum is the only physician in this country who is board-certified in Neurology, Internal Medicine, and Rheumatology. His clinical and research interests pertain to the neurological complications of rheumatic syndromes, with a focus on Sj�gren�s Syndrome."

So, the good news is that I've got an appointment to see Dr. Birnbaum & for about a dozen more tests. The bad news is that I'm in tough enough shape that I sparked his interest. I'm committing myself to be a bit of a guinea pig at the Center but that's OK. If, somehow, Dr. Birnbaum learns something useful from me that can help others...I'll feel Blessed. If he can help me with the unrelenting neuro & muscular pain & other manifestations of my spinal cord injuries, Lupus, & Sjogren's then I'll feel like the recepient of a Miracle.

This has taken 50+ years to reach this point. I don't have much fight left in me but I've got enough hope now to make it to October 18! I'm scheduled for a 2-day appointment. Hmmm, 2 days? Guess I'd best be prepared to be poked/prodded just about everywhere, huh?

I'd sure be grateful for any positive thoughts and/or prayers sent on my behalf.

/tricia

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths