SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Funerals and such....

susie_que
13 years ago

I wanted to open a new topic for my thoughts on the funeral.

First off my 2 brothers planned the who thing. The day Mom died I told them I was off on leave and could do a lot of the planning but they said they would handle it.

And so they did.

Stephen (bless his heart) did indeed botch moms name. Oh well....what are yoiu gonna do??

Then on Moms prayer card they picked the serenity prayer...WHAT??

I guess they didn't realize Mom LOVED footprints??

The service was ok....generic. Mom used to be very active in the church but sadly the new preist we have now did not know that and so he did the best he could.

During the veiwing portion I stood by mom with just 2 of my brothers....the others were elsewhere during this time.

Yea I am probably the most social of the siblings and I pretty much could start a conversation with a rock but come on...I felt like they left me hanging!!

I did not know who a lot of people were...people who were there for my brothers for instance so I just introduced myself....it was exhausting!!

At the cemetary some ramdom guy showed up and hoisted a large umbrella over my oldest brother (it was about 95 out) and he joined us at the luncheon??

He introduced himself as someone my oldest brother knew??

He said he was part of the coast guard auxilery and referred to my brother as the admiral.

Odd??

Then after lunch my oldest brother got all us kids together to announce he already has Moms house up for sale.

I personally do not care for the way he did that....with no reguard for anyone.

He didn't even ask me for advice.

I know my feelings are a little touchy right now but I am offended that he did not consult me on this matter.

Out of all of us siblings I am the only one who has sold a home...I have been though the whole process the good the bad and the ugly and to see him stand there and tell us how he is going to handle it all was very insulting to me.

I do not approve of the realtor he signed with and I just looked at the listing and it is pathetic.

He is only giving his agent 5% so do you really think he is going to market this house 100%...and don't get me started on the asking price??

My oldest brother can be very stubborn and since he has no idea about real estate he is just begging for aggrivation.

In the meantime he is holding a meeting one night next week to go thru Moms "things". UHG!!!

So today I plan on calling my friend and realtor Ed to see if he has any advice for me...I know he cannot really do anything but I know he will guide me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Susie

Comments (17)