Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charleston SC.........Any CFer's in the area

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 18:52

Doesn't matter whether you live there or visiting, I would love to meet for lunch or dinner Tuesday evening the 17th thru Friday evening the 20th. Mt Pleasant or Charleston, either.

jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charleston SC.........Any CFer's in the area

So with all the great restaurants in that area, I suppose no one cooks so why would they haunt the forums.

o

LOL, Jude, I'd love tom come but it's kind of a long drive.....

Annie

o

Aw shucks, Annie, you couldn't make it back in time for the weddiing. It's going to be such a great time, for all... with more food than John spoke about, a beautiful bride, change that, a gorgeous bride and beautiful dress. I'd love to be THERE! I know it will be a wonderful day!

jude

o

Jude, I wish I had known sooner. I have a friend that lives there that I could stay with!

Do you go there often? Keep me in the loop for next time.

Linda

o

Linda, I'm sorry. I posted back in Mid-April, (see the bottoom of this page) but didn't get any positive response. We try to go about this same time every year to celebrate our anniversary. So...maybe next time.

jude

o

Jude, Elery keeps saying he need to take me to South Carolina, that I'd love Charleston. so you go every May?

You never know......

Last year Elery's son got married May 29, this year Ashley gets married May 21, next year I'm leaving town before anyone wants me to cook for a wedding, LOL!

Annie

o

Annie, my dear, you are beginning to wise up!!! With any kind of luck you have a good while before Makayla gets ready to "tie the knot".

We do try to go to Charleston in May and to be honest any other opportunity we get. It's such a relaxing place to be. After mid June it begins to heat up so May works great.

They have a Spoleta Festival that starts the last week in May and lasts for about 2 weeks, I think, so it gets really crowded. Don't ask what the festival is.LOL Actually,it is various performing arts, theatre, opera, chamber music etc. amd started in Spoleta, Italy a number of years ago.

That's probably TMI but I threw that in for no extra charge.-)

jude

o

Annie, Jude is right, Charleston is lovely and would be a great place for those who might be suffering from party prep overload. Hummmmm, would you qualify?

We were in Umbria during the Spoleta festival a number of years ago, knowing Charleston, I think it would be more crowded there than in Italy during Spoleta.

Jude, don't forget to try Charleston's Cafe in Mt Pleasant for breakfast.

o

OK, I'll stay away from Charleston when it's hot or there's a festival, because I don't care for crowds and neither does Elery.

Actually, I don't really like to travel and going on vacation usually bores me. Elery likes to lie around and do not much, maybe read or take a walk on the beach. I want to be doing something, going somewhere or seeing something. Mostly I'd rather stay home, but I'd go to Charleston and meet Jude and Elery could do something relaxing!

Oh, and my nephew is getting married in September. Guess who asked me to bake the cake? Yeah. He did cut me 31 fence posts and put them in my barn, so I guess I owe him. Color scheme is, I kid you not, camoflage.

Annie

o

Sounds good to me, Annie!

Re: your nephew and the request for the cake: Me thinks you are an easy target.

Mustangs, I do plan to go to the Charleston Cafe at least 1 time even though we don't usually go out for breakfast.

Turns out Robbie (DD#1) and 2 grandaughters are going to be there as well as 2 of her friends from Ireland that I met a few years ago. All of a sudden it's getting crowded.LOL

jude

o

Jude, I think we should plan it ahead as a Charleston CF get-together for next May!

I LOVE Charleston!

Whaddya say?

Linda

o

Sounds like a plan, Linda!

I LOVE it , too.

Gets my vote!

jude

o

I just signed DD#3 and myself up for a cooking class at Charleston Cooks. That should be fun!

jude

o

If you're going in May of 2012, I'm likely to be on board. I have reached my limit of trips for the year. I am going to St Louis next month and that'll have to tide me over to 2012. Charleston is a great town. Very lovely. Although, I'll have to GPS by then, I don't know it like I do Atlanta! And reservations, we need to do those ahead of time. I vote for your daughters making those plants Jude, they got it 100% right.

o

Hey Jude, (okay, now I can't get the song out of my head) check the lunch menu in the link below. Breakfast, lunch, all is good at this little hole in the wall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cafe

o

So I keep coming back...like a song??? Well I'll guarandamtee you we'll be sure to go for either breakfast or lunch, who knows...maybe both. Problem is we're not going to be there that long. Baby girl has to get back to go to work on Sunday.

Did you know Trader Joes is opening a store on Johnnie Dobbs in July? That's just too bad. I swear I did not know Whole Foods was just around the corner from there. Trader Joe's fits my pocketbook better.

jude

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here