SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

help on locating value of collectables

susie_que
13 years ago

Seems my Mother was thinking about downsizing. Perhaps her recent health scare got her moving towards the possibility of moving into some sort of assisted living.

So while talking the other day she said she was thining about selling some of her collectables.

She has mostly dolls-all in pristine condition and all the boxes ect...

She also has some lenox collectables.

Truth be told no one in the family-including myself are interested in her collections.

So she asked me if I can find a source to get the value of these items.

I immediately said ebay but it seems she just wants to know the value before se decided if she wants to get rid of them.

I have to set aside a day or two to go and take a long look at things and I really don't have the time now.

One collection she thinks has value are her collection of Lenox child figures "days of the week" (Mondays child is ect...)

She claims they no longer make them.

She is by no meams trying to "get rich" or anything like that she simply wants to put a value on them...who knows maybe in her minds eye she will take a fabulous trip with the money LOL.

I gotta say this past trip to the hospital has transformed Mom...she is fiesty and determined to improve. She has a wonderful spirit we havent seen in years. She is breathing so much better and she is putting on weight. She brought my brother in to live with her but truth be told she is doing everything herself! Including all her houshold chores and has begun handeling her own checkbook again.

I think she just needed the rest?? Who knows but we are are thrilled with her progress and attitude!!

So to any collectors out there...is there any sites or book to recommend to help with our search??

Thanks!

Susie

Comments (7)