SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

As promissed a few pics from our holiday

chase_gw
10 years ago

As I mentioned before we had a wonderful time on our cruise. It truly was a trip to remember.

To refresh your minds we started in Tahiti, visited 4 French Polynesian Islands, Easter Island, 4 ports in South America, traveled through the Panama Canal , then 5 ports in the Caribbean and on to Charleston SC with NYC as our final destination,

Here are a few pics...Clive's are much better but if I wait for him to upload them I will have forgotten what they are!

An amazing performance by a French Polynesian native dance group in Papetee Tahiti. Somehow I got chosen to learn the drums...thankfully not the dances!

The Bon Appetite Cooking Centre and a very bad pic of me. I had 10 classes in total and loved everyone of them...learned a lot actually including how to say "YES CHEF". The chef instructor was quite rigorous . It wasn't just a "fun" thing although it was lots of fun!

A pic of a few of the magnificent Moai on Easter Island with our ship the background ( Rapa Nui is the proper native name for the island) . Also a closer pic of one of the Moai. The entire thing is carved out of stone right on the side of the mountain and then moved to it's proper place. The Moai were tributes to chiefs and family heads when they died...in order to have it ready for the funeral they started when the chief was still young.

A market in Manta Ecuador where Clive and I each bought real Panana hats...which are made in Ecuador not Panama...go figure.

The Panama Canal....totally amazing!

Clive on one of his 8 dives...this one was in Bora Bora

Tea Time every day at 4 PM..

Brunch on Sundays

Sailing into Manhattan

The Lady herself

As I say Clive's pictures are much better than mine but I cannot tell you how wonderful it all was....mind you I'm glad yo be back to normal food and my own bed.

This post was edited by chase on Fri, May 31, 13 at 9:00

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm