SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loagiehoagie

Feeling old: aka Where did the time go??

loagiehoagie
12 years ago

Due to Facebook I have recently found my favorite teacher from high school and have been in contact. Now I graduated 34 years ago (argh!!) in 1977 and she retired in 1996. She remembered me and some things I didn't even remember and vice versa. We are planning on meeting for dinner with her and her fiance' (another teacher from the same school!) and my wife Laurie. Then I noticed an obituary with a not common name that turned out to be the little brother of one of my classmates in my old teachers class....she was a dark redheaded beauty who's father owned the local Cadillac dealership. Well of course she is married and has a daughter and grandchildren. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact I'm this old and time has gone too darn fast! Then I found a cheerleader from high school on line that was so darn cute and the last pic has her in granny glasses...all gray hair in a bun LOL and I say to myself this can't be the same person..and then I find out she died of cancer not long ago.

I hope this dinner is fun and we can laugh and tell stories but now I think it might be awkward because I was skinny with long hair and now portly (clearing throat) and what hair I do have left is gray.

How come everyone looks so old and I still feel like the immature punk I've always been?? LOL.

Duane

Comments (12)