SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Need some prayers, please...(long)

doucanoe
10 years ago

It seems like there's a black cloud hanging round.

Chrissy, the daughter of one of my dearest friends is not doing well. A couple of years ago she found out she had breast cancer. She went thru the usual treatments as well as a few alternatives and she beat it. Or so it seemed. Fast forward a year.

It came back and with a vengeance. Recently it was discovered in her bones, so she began another round of radiation and chemo. All checked out pretty good in the battery of scans she had 3 weeks ago. But the past few days she began experiencing a lot of pain. Yesterday she had a PET scan and they found that the cancer is now in her legs, her back and her neck. Her bones are so weak from all of the chemo that they won't let her walk for fear of breaking her legs.

She went into the hospital last night. This evening we attended a benefit for her. Unfortunately she was unable to attend. I have never seen so many people in one place before in my life!

I am not sure that prayers will keep her with us longer, but I am hoping her remaining days will be peaceful and comfortable.

She is 37 years old and has two sons, ages 14 and 4 years.

My heart is breaking for all of them.

Another good friend just lost her brother (age 54) to cancer in February. About 3 weeks ago her mom found out she has esophageal cancer. They are doing what they can but at her age (I think about 78 or so) there is only so much she can tolerate.

If any of you have a minute to send some healing and strength to Chrissy and Loyce, I know it would make a world of difference.

Thanks, I appreciate every one of you.

Linda

Comments (19)