Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Middle aged texting codes

Posted by dlynn (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 11, 11 at 23:35

If Lars decides to get a cell phone plan with texting, he might need to learn these codes to communicate with some of us ;)

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES: ATD -at the doctors. BFF -best friend fell. BTW -bring the wheelchair. BYOT -bring your own teeth. FWIW -forgot where I was. GGPBL -gotta go, pacemaker battery low. GHA -got heartburn again. IMHO -is my hearing aid on. LMDO -laughing my dentures out. OMMR -on my massage recliner. OMSG -oh my! sorry, gas. ROFLACGU -rolling on floor laughing and can't get up. TTYL -talk to you louder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Middle aged texting codes

LOL, dlynn, thanks for that. I got a text message once. I couldn't figure out how to read it and so I deleted it. I've never gotten another one...

Annie

o

I can relate to the MA texting codes!

DH texts all day and into the night but he has to be up on the youth texting codes because he is a college coach. He receives and sends text messages to his athletes. It's frustrating because they won't answer the phone when he calls but within seconds they respond to a text message. I asked him if he still sends hand signals to the batter/base runner or does he now have to text the signal to them.

o

Texting is just the equivalent of "passing notes" which is what our generation did. I didn't participate in that either. I can't afford to text. But I still loved the abbreviations. They work for forums and e-mails and FB too!
As for me, FB means "Face Blotches" these days! Why does the "blotch" aspect of aging not get more press??!!

o

Ahhhh....passing notes.....I remember those.....
"I love you
Do you love me

check yes or no"

o

I remember "slam books" and "cootie catchers" as well.

o

LOL! Very funny and all too true.

Jim

o

love it! thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here