Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Scotland (and I don't mean the country)...

Posted by mustangs (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 25, 11 at 22:18

I emailed you this morning but you know how hit or miss GardenWeb's email is. The Gathering of Greyhounds would like some Atlanta area input from you.

We are looking for luncheon place ideas to meet Elizabeth's (Adoptedbygreyhounds) daughter. One thought was to meet at the DeKalb Farmers Market Cafe since we are going there anyway. We just don't know if it is an ideal place to meet. We are open to your ideas since you are most knowledgable about the area.

Our other question is--would you be able to join us?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Scotland (and I don't mean the country)...

The cafe at the Dekalb Farmers Market is a buffet/cafeteria, and completely lacking in ambiance. It can also be loud. Photography isn't allowed there, either. I love eating there, but it's not a great place for a lingering meal with conversation. About ten minutes away is Decatur, with a concentration of good restaurants and shops. My favorite is easily the Iberian Pig, which is pricey and only open for supper. Cakes & Ale is also expensive and supper-only. Farm Burger serves local and organic food. Watershed is a collaboration between chef Scott Peacock and one of the Indigo Girls that gets lots of national press. There are many more options there, and it's a very walkable little downtown there. Several places (Iberian Pig, Watershed and Cakes & Ale) recommend reservations. For dessert and fancy cocktails, head to The Chocolate Bar.

I'm overbooked this weekend, but would love to join y'all. Between overlapping birthday parties and the girls' baseball games, I'm booked from noon on. Friday, I'm free after 7:00. I didn't get email from you, so I'll try to send one. I'd love to meet everyone!

o

Great information!! Just what we need to help make plans.

Crud, but I understand busy weekends with ball (Go Mustangs!). I think everyone is arriving Saturday AM or late Firday, I'll let you know.

o

Great. Your member page doesn't have an e-mail option. My e-mail is jmacgregor@mindspring.com.

o

I was going to send out a "last call" for anyone who would like to join us. Email anyone of us who is going if you want details (Beverly_AL, Jude, Cathy, or me).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here