SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

WHYY fundraiser in Philly Sat. with Lidia Bastianich

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

I'd sure like to go, anyone want to join me? It's 60 bucks for the "Meet and greet" reception, which is a lot of money but I don't think it's really too much considering you get an hour lecture, a coffee and dessert reception and a year's membership to the station, it IS a fundraiser.

E-mail me thru CF if you're interested.

Details:

Join WHYY on Saturday, May 1 for Food From the Heart, a discussion with renowned public television chef, Lidia Bastianich.

This event is first of the WHYY Speakers Series a regularly occurring series of discussions with some of public media's most recognized and respected names.

TICKET INFO:

NON VIP TICKET HOLDERS:

Lecture: 1:00 TO 2:00 PM

WHYY Members - $15

Non-Members - $20

VIP TICKET HOLDERS:

Lecture: 1:00 to 2:00 PM

Meet and Greet Reception: 2:30 - 3:30 PM

WHYY Member VIP Reception - $35

Lecture plus One Ticket for Post Discussion Meet and Greet Reception)

Non-Member VIP Reception - $60

Lecture plus One Ticket for Post Discussion Meet and Greet, and One Year WHYY Membership

VIP TICKETS AVAILABLE::

LIMITED ROWS IN:

Orchestra

Center - Left - Right Sections

VIP Patrons will have the opportunity to meet Chef Bastianich, as well as purchase her new book Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy, at a post lecture coffee and dessert reception.

Lecture: 1:00 PM

Q&A Session 1:45 PM

Lecture Conclusion 2:00 PM

VIP Ticket Holders:Meet and Greet Reception: 2:30 -3:30 pm

ABOUT LIDIA BASTIANICH:

Lidia Bastianich is one of the best-loved chefs on television, a best-selling cookbook author, restaurateur, and owner of a flourishing food and entertainment business. Her cookbooks include, Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy and Lidias Italy  both companion books to the Emmy-nominated television series, LidiaÂs Italy as well as LidiaÂs Family Table, LidiaÂs Italian-American Kitchen, LidiaÂs Italian Table and La Cucina di Lidia.

Lidia is the chef/owner of four acclaimed New York City restaurants -- Felidia, Becco, Esca and Del Posto, as well as LidiaÂs in Pittsburgh and Kansas City She is also founder and president of Tavola Productions, an entertainment company that produces high-quality broadcast productions including LidiaÂs Italy.

Together with her son Joseph, she produces award-winning wines at their Bastianich Vineyards in Friuli.

2007 signified a true benchmark in LidiaÂs career, as she had the esteem honor of cooking for His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI during his travels to New York.

Looking ahead to the fall of 2010, Lidia will release her first childrenÂs book, soon to be a holiday classic:

"Nonna Tell Me a Story:

LidiaÂs Christmas Kitchen."

Perhaps the single most important quality that Lidia shares is her belief that itÂs not only the food on the table that makes the meal, itÂs the people who join around the table who bring the meal to life.

Her signature line: "Tutti a tavola a mangiare!" means "Everybody to the table to eat!"

This common phrase, in its simplicity, could possibly be LidiaÂs true recipe for success.

Comments (5)

• caliloo
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Aw - Lpink, I would normally jump at this opportunity, but Saturday is DERBY DAY and I will have about 60 people here for the race.....

Have a great time and take pics!

Alexa

• foodonastump
    13 years ago

Actually Saturday's race is at Richmond.

Oh wait, you mean they still race horses?!

I will say that I've been increasingly taking notes of the Philly events posted here, and in that one small way look forward to living closer in the near future.

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Dang it, Laurie, you know I'd go in an instant if I were closer.

Take lots of pictures, will you, it sounds like great fun.

Annie

• dedtired
    13 years ago

Lpink -- I am volunteering at our library's plant sale that day. Sorry to miss it!

• susie_que
    13 years ago

Oh how I wish I could go!!
    I have to work....dang!!

I hope you have a great time!

Cheers!
    Susie

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living