SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Guests who are critical!

claire_de_luna
14 years ago

Have any of you ever had guests you've cleaned the house, mowed the yard, picked up the garden and made food for...only to have them say something like:

''You need to power-wash your deck.''

I guess everything else looked good enough, my projects really stood out.

Once, when I was moving out of state, I was cleaning my refrigerator and my mother said, ''You forgot to clean the vent cover.'' I pointed out to her the fridge was used, lacking paint, and if she wanted to run her finger across the front to look for dust, she was welcome to, even though she wouldn't find what she expected to see. (I knew she would mention it and she DID.)

What IS IT about people who criticize? I'm certain they have projects of their own, but they're not inviting me to their home so I can be critical of them!

I have people I've only met briefly coming to visit, and I didn't get everything done. There are leaves to be raked and picked up, trees and shrubs to be pruned, a roof to put on the doghouse (we no longer have a dog, but can't bear taking it to the curb) and a garden to plant. Never mind I'd like to wash the windows (and my car), clean the kitchen, bathroom and make dinner. You know what? I can't care anymore...

Comments (24)