SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

Half my Family makes me nuts!

chase_gw
13 years ago

I'm trying hard not to be pi$$ed at half my family but I'm not doing to well.

I had counted on 15 for Easter dinner and shopped and cooked accordingly. Last night...late my youngest brother called to say he wouldn't be making it today even though he had told me twice he would be. Seems his GF had forgotten that she had promised her Mom that they would be going to her house. Bull!!! .....3 down!

Then my sister called half hour ago to tell me she and her two kids would not be coming. Seems my niece had a chance to pick up some extra hours at work and my nephew wasn't really feeling "up to it", he thinks he is coming down with a cold...what the hell is that! 3 more down!

I host every single holiday meal, do the work and pretty much foot the total bill . I love doing it don't get me wrong, but these two pull this type of stunt fairly often. Like the time my sister told me that she, her BF, 3 kids and their friends would be coming to the cottage, arriving on a Friday afternoon. I made spaghetti and meatballs for 10. She called at 7:30 to say they had decided to stay in the city and come up Saturday AM! .........grrrrrrrr!

I'm not sure why but these two are so different from the rest of us but they always need something, always feel hard done by and are oblivious to the efforts that the rest of the family put into being a family.

Wish my Mom was here so I could ask here why they are this way....then again maybe it's better she isn't here to see how they behave.

Well the upside is Doug and Sara will get tons of leftovers!

Sorry for the rant but I'm feeling better!

Comments (40)