SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Cell phone recommendations

Lars
13 years ago

Kevin and I want to downgrade our cell phone service to save money, as our property tax just went up by $300 a month. It didn't go up so much as that our mortgage company had neglected to charge us for county tax, and we had a $5000 tax bill to pay, which we did because we had just gotten our tax returns. Anyway, we are looking for ways to cut expenses, and since we do not take advantage of the cell phone service we use, we thought that would be the best place to start. As of now, Kevin has a phone that is like a Blackberry (I forget the exact name) that has GPS on it. That service alone is $10 a month, and we never use it except when we go out of town, which is only twice a year or so (lately). It did help us find the Austin airport when our niece got lost (twice) on the way there from her house. We had plenty of time, and so it was no big deal. Anyway, we want just the most basic service - no texting! Our current service charges us if we receive texts, and I would prefer not to receive texts at all, since I have no intention to answer them, as I do not know how. I believe we have Cingular now and for some reason got some roaming charges in Texas that should not have happened.

We saw ads for cell phones targeted at senior citizens and decided that those would be best suited to our needs, but I don't remember the name of the plan. Does anyone have experience with this type of phone service?

Lars

Comments (20)