Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainbow Bridge doors

Posted by mitchdesj (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 12 at 11:46

Roxie has gone and joined her friends on the Rainbow Bridge yesterday, a lot of them from the cooking forum. She was 17.5 years, pretty good for a bichon frise.

Years ago, we used to post many pictures of our pets, so I thought some of you might remember her.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainbow Bridge doors

So very sorry for your loss, Mitch. Yes, I do remember Roxie!

o

I remember Roxie. I'm so sorry for your loss. My Snowy can show her the ropes. Hugs and hugs.

Photobucket

Eileen

o

Mitch, I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember your beautiful Roxie.
~Ann

o

You guys are killing me and making remember why I am not getting another pet. I almost flooded the vet's office with tears when I had to have my cat put to sleep.

Roxie was a cute and evidently had a great fashion sense. I'm so sorry.

o

I'm so sorry Mitch. I have a picture of Roxie saved - she was a mighty photogenic doggie!

o

Oh, Mitch, I'm so sorry to hear about Roxie. Although 17.5 years is a long life for a dog, it's still not long enough, our furry friends are here for such short times.

Eileen, that's a lovely picture of Snowy too, I know you miss her horribly.

Annie

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult losing our babies. A dear friend of mine lost his cat this week, and I have shed many tears with him reading on Facebook as he had to make the decision on what to do. I don't think he'll mind if I share with you his post after he finally decided the time had come for his wonderful companion. I cry when I read it, but end it with a smile because I realize how much pleasure and love these pets bring to us:
"Thank you all for your love and support. We decided Angus had fought long enough and deserved a rest. He passed away with generous nuzzles and pets and our song "Your Are My Sunshine" playing. He will be deeply missed. The past few days have been the hardest. Knowing he is at peace today and forever is a joy. So y'all please do something in honor of Angus today. Push something off a shelf to get someone's attention. Destroy a $500 rug or an $800 chair. Or just reach out your paw/hand to someone and let them know you care. ♥♥♥"

o

that's so cute dlynn. Eileen, Snowy sure was sweet looking, Gina that picture is one of my favorites, she was in her prime then, lol..

Thank you all for your words.

o

Mitch, I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet Roxie. She was so cute, and it looks like she was very well loved. I'll be thinking of you. It wasn't so long ago I was posting about my cat, Cinnamon having to cross that bridge. I hope she's there to welcome your Roxie.

Sally

o

Roxy was a beauty. She lived a very long doggie time.

I am not ready for a new forever pet but I impulsively decided to foster a dog through a rescue organization. He got a reprieve from a kill shelter and I have a pal while a permanent home is found for him. I think it's working out nicely.

Eileen

o

I am so sorry for your loss. I love bichon frise dogs. They are so lovable and funny. It is so hard to say goodbye to our best furry friends. Roxie looks so cute in that picture. Remember all the happy times.
Clare

o

Mitch....I am sorry...I still feel the pain of all the furry friends that are no longer in my life....but I love my new friend, Latte.
Linda C

o

Mitch, I am so sorry for your loss of precious little Roxie. She was such a cutie!

It's never easy. Every day I watch Chessa (also 17y.o.) and know the time is oh so near....

She will be in your heart forever. Know that she lived a long life filled with love.

RIP Roxie

Linda

o

(((Mitch)))

o

My heart aches for you, as well. I just lost my sweetheart of an Aussie last week. She was 12 1/2. I don't know how long I'll mourn. Feels like someone ripped out a piece of my heart.

seagras

o

My thoughts are with you, losing a family member is so hard. I also have a Roxie.

RIP Roxie.

Nancy

o

I'm so sorry Mitch. Roxie was a very beautiful, sweet friend. I remember the picture that Gina posted. I know how much you will miss her, but how wonderful it is that you shared so many years together.

RIP Roxie, and hugs to you.

Lee

o

thank you all once again, this helps a lot.

o

One of my closest friends has a Bichon. That dog is more human than some humans I know. :)

Eileen

o

I am so sorry for your loss - it hurts so much to lose a furkid... hugs!

Alexa

o

Oh Mitch, I'm so sorry. I remember her well, she truly had that French Canadian flair!

So many of our furbabies have crossed that bridge since I've been posting here and I think I remember them all. So important in our lives, so much joy, we miss them all.

o

Hi Mitch, so sorry to hear about your beloved Roxie. She was truly adorable and I too know how much it hurts to lose your baby. Bundle up all of the sweet memories and keep them close. They'll remind you to smile when you're feeling low.
Hugs to you

o

I just want to say how sorry I am. Roxie was beautiful.

o

I am so sorry Mitch.

I do remember Gina's picture....so adorable!!

Hugs to you.

Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here