SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Memorial to Bibi

canarybird01
14 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier but it was difficult to write about it here where so many of us have had to tell about our pets passing.

Our beautiful Siamese Bibi died of FIV ...Feline Immunodeficiency Virus just before Easter Sunday.

She had been up to the clinic when she fell ill and came back home when the vet thought she was doing fine.

But I found her not to be her normal self and when she stopped eating I called the vet who took her back to the clinic and put her on antibiotics and a drip.

She never got better and died at the clinic.

I think she must have had the FIV all along ever since she appeared on our doorstep last June, since she always had stomach problems, although after a few months she put on weight and looked healthy. The vet said that with this virus a cat can be fine for a few days and sick for another few days.

It just takes one little ailment or infection that they can't fight off to take them down.

And so while feeling sad I had a call from a lady desperate to find a home for a little cat that had befriended them. As they were returning home to England they couldn't take her with them. So I agreed to adopt Minnie, our new little girl who is now keeping warm that empty place on my lap. She's been checked over by the vet....we even did a tummy scan as she was looking suspiciously rounded in that area.....and found she wasn't pregnant. She's had her first vaccination and got her pet passport. She loves our home and especially my desk, where she spends hours

So I put together all the best photos of Bibi....I'm so glad that I took so many.....and put them into a long slideshow....(only look if you have time lol.)

And I've started a new album called "Minnie's Diary", of photos taken as I follow her around while she becomes familiar with her new home.

We still have blind

....now also deaf....nearly 20 years old, and
, the feral who lives in the garden. But Minnie just watches them from afar and until she has had had all her immunization shots I don't encourage her getting close to the other cats.

Bibi's slideshow.

Minnie's Diary.

SharonCb

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths