Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inner peace

Posted by ritaotay (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 3:09

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works, and we could all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished."

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Chips, a box of chocolates, and a half bottle of scotch.

You have no idea how good I feel right now.
Pass this on to those whom you think might be in need of inner peace.

LOL
Rita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inner peace

Good ol' Dr. Phil!! :)

o

If I ever tried to finish all the things I have started and have never finished, I'd never get out of the house. Guess I'd have "indoors peace." (ouch - sometimes I just make myself laugh).

o

Inner peace, but then a RAGING HEADACHE! LOL!

o

What a wonderful idea, should be a fun weekend, and very gratifying.

o

LOL Rita, I loved it!

But there is some truth to finishing that which you start. I have probably 6, maybe more, rugs I've started and then get bored with. I know I would get such satisfaction of finishing them up but then a new idea creeps into my mind and off I go on another one!

Finishing off leftovers is another issue all together.....I really need to learn to toss them before they become a lab experiment.

o

:-) Thanks for making me smile!

o

LOL! Copied, Pasted, Sent!

o

Probably 15 years ago, I decided I wouldn't start another project until finishing the first. That works! No leftover projects and no guilt. However, let's see ... rum, wine, lemonade and iced tea. Gotta go! Gotta finish!

o

Rita, that is a gem! Your humor is right up my alley. It took me by surprise and gave me a big laugh. Thanks.

Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here