SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

book suggestions....

vacuumfreak
12 years ago

I've never been much of a reader, but a couple months ago, my grandmother who always reads romance novels gave me a book that she said she thought I might like. I told her I wasn't much of a reader, but I'd give it a shot. The book was called The Sunday Wife by Cassandra King. She gave it to me because it had 2 gay characters in it so she thought I'd "get a kick out of it".... her hillbilly words, not mine!

Now that I have a new couch and recliner, I have no excuse for not having a comfortable space to read in... I've hated trying to read in my bed, it just isn't comfortable. I've been reading it every night for a week and a half... it's taken a while because it was almost a 400 page book. Well, I just finished it and all I can say is WOW. It was truly an awesome read.... I enjoyed every second of it and totally engrossed myself in the book. I couldn't believe how fast time flew by as I read it. I felt like I actually knew the characters and now I'm kind of sad that I've finished it... I really looked forward to coming home from work and sitting down, (cat on my chest all the while trying to block the pages and divert my attention) and finding out what happened... it was easy to pick up right where I left off... and I found myself.... ME... the guy who has an attention span shorter than the warranty on a 20 dollar hand mixer from Walgreens reading for 6 hours at a time, only getting up to change position or go to the bathroom and get water.... even postponing those things as long as I possibly could and taking the book with me so I could keep going. There was a point toward the end where things got exciting that I would not have moved from my spot even if the apartment had been on fire, I was that engrossed! I want to read more now, and I wonder what some good books are for someone like me who is just getting into it. If you have read The Sunday Wife, what did you think, and do you know of any similar books that I might also enjoy? I'm going to get a library card (there's a public library right in my apartment complex, so no excuse not to) and really get into this thing. I'm so excited about this new love I have found!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz