Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off Topic...

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 22:25

I dont know how many know Im on dalysis wating for a kidney,Im on transplant list,well I had 2 women call me offer me a kidney.Both backed out,I could just sit and cry but I cant Ill give up,this was 5th one to tell me and back out,I guess with testing they realize what they offered.One guy wanted 30,000 up front 200 a day hes offwork,a bonus I take it another 30,000.Justhad to vent.Its so hard.You get excited then bam...Its hard on my family,Ive been in dialysis 3xs a week for over 5 yrs now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off Topic...

Oh sweet Bulldinkie. My heart is breaking for you. I did not know about your health challenge. Stay strong. Things may still work out for you. Good things happen when you least expect it.

o

Bulldinkie, I know that you had mentioned dialysis before, so I knew you had some health issues, but I didn't realize that your donors had backed out.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for that necessary donor and the best of all possible outcomes.

Annie

o

That's just awful. I'm so sorry. What a crushing disappointment that must be each time.

Sending positive thoughts for the right donor and renewed health for you.

Eileen

o

Bulldinkie,

I'm glad you shared here. I'm so sorry. To get your hopes up & then crushed is so hard. My ex-DH (we are still friends) had Type I diabetes & kidney failure. He waited years on dialysis (sp?) for a transplant. One day, the phone rang & it was the call he'd been praying for. That was now almost 9 years ago & he's still doing fine.

He'd had several calls prior but only if he'd take just a kidney & he was determined to wait for a kidney & a pancreas. He got both. Hopefully, there's someone out there that will be a perfect match for you too.

When you need to talk, there's somebody around here almost 24/7 because of the time differences around the country.

Hang in there...we're all pulling for you.

/tricia

o

DANG THEM! I can't believe they would do that. That totally sucks. I know it'll work out for you (((bulldinkie)))

I'm with Tricia, pulling for you.

-Robin

o

Sorry you have been going through this. It must be he!!. Hope things improve in the future and you get what you need.
Clare

o

Oh,Dink! Not again! You are in my prayers daily. I so hope you get one soon. Did you see over at the KT that Jannie got her's? She's doing good, and praying you get yours. She asked about you. Remember, you are not alone. We are all here, and praying for you.

Tami

o

Wow.....are you considering an unrelated donor? All possibilities of a family donor exhausted? I know 2 people who have donated a kidney to a family member.
Are you seeking a cadaver kidney or from a living matched donor?
Rough stuff if you are depending on the kindness and sacrifice of others to live.
Sending all good thoughts.
Linda C

o

Good luck to you, and keep up the faith, you've had more than your share of disappointment.

o

I didn't know about your health problems, either. It's got to be such a blow when someone makes a promise they can't or won't keep, especially when your life and lifestyle depends on it. My heart goes out to you.

Sally

o

Bulldinkie, I had no idea
about your health problems.
I'm glad you shared here.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard
It must be,
To receive a call like that,
And then have them back out.

If only people could realize what they do to you
When they do that.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rusty

o

Not to be too profane, but your experience is similar to my experience with online dating. Very few people approach it seriously with integrity. By that I mean, they will go out with someone, e-mail them, talk on the phone for MONTHS, etc. and actually have no intention of being in a serious relationship with them. They are just fooling around without consideration for what that means to the other person involved who is sincere. So while I have zero idea of what it is like to wait for a lifesaving kidney . . . I do know what it is like to have people jerk you around, get your hopes up, etc., only to dash them flippantly. Not too different than my job search, which IS a survival matter for me. But I get up and do it every day--look for work. As for the dating . . . well after years and years of sifting through the jerks, I found a gem of a man who treats me like a dream. There are a few out there. And there will be a kidney out there for you someday too!! Just keep on keeping on, the world is huge and full of all kinds of people. Keep looking and you will find your gem! My thought for the day on my calendar was from Norman Cousins: "No one knows enough to be a pessimist."

Having said that, I know it doesn't make the disappointment any less painful! I am so sorry you had to go through this! Yes, remember, you're not alone!!
((HUG))
Lpink

o

I had no idea Bulldinkie - I'm so sorry. I don't know anything about how organ donations work. Do you go through the hospital, or through a regional or national list?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here