SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

I got a job!

doucanoe
14 years ago

Okay, so it is only a casual position, but I look at it as my foot is in the door.

It's a Medical Secretary in the Physical Therapy department of the local hospital. Basically, filling in for vacation and sick days plus whatever other administrative tasks the manager may need help with.

I'll keep my casual position at the current hospital, but there are really very few hours to be had there right now. The economy has taken a toll on the radiology department there.

This hospital is 10 miles away (the other is 23). Pay is slightly less but still acceptable.

After the debacle with the last job offer I got, I am thrilled with this one. When I was given the tour of the department everyone seemed so happy and told me what a great place it was to work. Today after I spoke to HR and got all the details and set up training and start dates and all, my future manager called to welcome me on board and was so excited to get me started! WOW....that's all I can say about that!

Thanks to those of you that "talked me down" after the last fiasco. This really makes me believe that "everything happens for a reason".

(Now...all I have to do is pass the criminal background check....wish me luck...LOL)

Linda

Comments (34)