SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_w_gw

Magic Erasers are my BFFs!

Gina_W
11 years ago

We finished our master bath remodel, so we moved back into the master bedroom this week. Yesterday I cleaned the guest bath we were using in the meantime, and there was soap scum on the bottoms of the glass shower doors as well as the tile. I thought to myself - "soap scum?" "we don't have no stinking soap scum!" But we did. After some thinking I realized that we had not had soap scum for a long time - because we banished bar soaps from our showers.

However - a few months ago, DH decided he really, really liked Dr. Bronner's almond castile liquid soap. It's his fave now. So I remembered how Dr. Bronner's is supposed to be so great at cleaning everything, yadda-yadda. I tried filling a bucket with soapy water using Dr. Bronner's liquid soap. I got pre-occupied with something and left that bucket to sit overnight. The next day, I saw the bucket was not doing well - I poured out the water and the whole bucket was lined with soap scum. Yes - Dr. Bronner's soap scum.

So the shower was scummed by Dr. Bronner's. I spent over an hour scrubbing down the glass and tile walls of the shower, then going over the scum with Magic Erasers - it took a couple of times of going over everything and I used up three of the sponges. Afterwards, the glass was sparkly new-looking. I let DH know that I was banishing Dr. Bronner's and why.

Thank you Magic Eraser! Next I'm going to try paste wax (Carnauba wax, like in car wax) on my brushed nickel faucets to see if the wax repels water and fingerprints.

I will report back on another thread.

Yours Truly,

She who doesn't trust housekeepers and is therefore a housecleaning fool wizard!

Comments (16)