SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_w_gw

Videos from Palm Springs trip

Gina_W
12 years ago

We went to Palm Springs Modernism Week last month with friends. Beside the Modernism Week activities there was a fine arts show, street art fair, carnival, and the nearby Date Festival. I think Deanna and her mom went to the street fair and date festival last year.

I started messing with taking videos and uploaded these to Youtube. They are not edited at all, and are right out of my iPhone. So forgive the quality and lack of polish!

Downtown Palm Springs shuts down its major street EVERY Thursday night for a street fair. This performer was raking in the cash all night. He played flawlessly for hours while his wife sold CDs. Our friends bought a couple of those, and we bought a metal art piece. We ate Thai food and dates rolled in coconut flakes.

The Riviera Resort has a funky-mod decor, so we stopped there to look at the design. Here's my video of the lobby and bar. After shopping in the lobby boutique, where I bought the cutest gym bag (I seriously needed a new gym bag) from PanAm brands, we went out to the pool bar to have a refreshment. There was a small press conference going on and it was Connie Stevens unveiling a photo of herself in a bikini, circa 1955, to decorate the Bikini Bar.

At the Fine Arts show we saw Cheech Marin. He's an artist now. Seems like everything I liked was over $15,000, so I went away from the show empty-handed except for a bag of brochures and a cup of tea, LOL.

Lastly, I took this from the car on the way home. Warning! Way too long - lots of windmills! Windmill Farms in the Desert.

I kinda like this spur-of-the-moment video taking!

Comments (14)