SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trsinc

Have you ever been a Nielsen Family?

trsinc
14 years ago

Or do you know anyone who has? How was the experience? I've been researching it online and have found many negative things, of course, because people love to complain. I've found very few positive reports. And not a lot of reports period. I suppose that is because it is so hush hush.

You're not supposed to talk about it if you are currently participating.

I'm really curious about the compensation vs. hassle aspect. It seems to me they should at least offer people 1,000 per year if they do this. I've read about all the equipment involved, phone calls, visits, etc. I'm all for putting my two cents in but a dollar a month or week (as some say) just doesn't seem worth it. Others say they made a few hundred dollars, etc. Nielsen is making millions, I'm sure.

Supposedly (some say) they also want to monitor your computer these days as well. I'm not doing anything 'wrong' on my computer but that is just too big brotherish for me.

I am not currently participating but a rep stopped by unannounced today while I was not home. I sent in the short mail survey not long ago. They left a 'Sorry we missed you and we want to talk to you about being a Nielsen Family' note on the door. The neighbors didn't get one. Seems like they should call first. Apparently, popping in, is common practice as well. I plan on calling her back, but I'm also arming myself with as much info as possible before I do.

Thanks, T.

Comments (11)