SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

LUNA - February 25, 2002 - March 18, 2010

claire_de_luna
14 years ago

Luna had a peaceful passing this morning. Her favorite things included: liver, volleyball, swimming, visitors, chasing squirrels, going for walks, feet (whether it was chewing them off her toys or sneaking a lick as she walked by), our neighbor John, honking ducks and pheasants. RIP.

Comments (44)

• centralcacyclist
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• lakeguy35
    14 years ago

Oh man.....I'm so sorry to hear this as I was looking forward to meeting Ms. Luna. ((Hugs)) to you.. : (

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• caliloo
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry - she had a wonderful life with you and I know you will miss her terribly.

Hugs

Alexa

• teresa_nc7
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry you have lost your dear pet.

Teresa

• dixiedog_2007
    14 years ago

I am so very sorry. You obviously loved your dog very much and she knew that. Rest in Peace Luna.

• lindac
    14 years ago

Oh no.........I am...choked...
    Looking at my daughter's beloved and aging Golden at my feet....
    It's so hard...sometimes I wonder why we sign on for all the pain when we get a puppy....
    But I know that she has given you more pleasure than heartache.

Are you still on the road?...I don't know how you deal with situations like that....
    I am soo sorry it had to happen just now.
    Linda C

• canarybird01
    14 years ago

Oh what a heartbreak for you.

I'm so very sorry to hear you've lost your dear Luna.

She had a good life with you. My sympathy and hugs.

SharonCb

• chase_gw
    14 years ago

Oh Claire I am so sorry to hear this. I just was about to post on your other thread.

It is so darn hard to loose our fur babies, they love us unconditionally and ask for so little in return.

Yes she has passed over the Rainbow bridge and is romping with so many other wonderful friends that have left us.

Take care and hugs to you...David make sure you give extra hugs from all of us when you meet up with Claire.

• jojoco
    14 years ago

Claire, Hugs to you and everyone touched by Luna. It is true, they are so very special to us.
    Jo

• jessyf
    14 years ago

She will live on in your heart

• momof2doxies
    14 years ago

I am so sorry.

Linda

• labmom
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.
    I just asked our yellow boy at the Rainbow Bridge,Sierra Nevada,to find Luna and show her all the swimming spots.

Hugs,
    Suzanne

• ann_t
    14 years ago

Claire, I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you. I've been following your other post and was so hoping that Luna was going to be with you a little longer.

Ann

• spacific
    14 years ago

I'm nearing that time with my 12-yo yellow lab, Elsie. Hugs to you.

• pkramer60
    14 years ago

Oh, Claire, how I wish it had been travelers. My heart is hurting for you and I am in tears.

YOu have my deepest sympathies on losing your girl. Take comfort in her long and happy life with a great Mommy and the memories you have.

Oh, crap, it hurts like h*ll, doesn't it?

Peppi

• goldgirl
    14 years ago

Claire - Godspeed to Luna. I'm so sorry.

Sue

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

Claire, I'm so sorry. It looks like she had a great life with you. But boy, it does hurt to lose her, like Peppi said. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I was looking forward to meeting her. I hope you'll have pictures to share.

Sally

• wizardnm
    14 years ago

Claire, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you.

Pets are a wonderful part of our lives and I can tell how special Luna was to you.

Nancy

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Oh dear, Claire, I'm sorry that Luna is gone, but I'm glad she was with you and that she went so peacefully.

I'm sending peaceful thoughts and hugs to you, and the WonderWeiner will meet her at the bridge.

Annie

• cotehele
    14 years ago

Tears for you. I am so sorry. Glad she was with you at the end.
    I have five Golden's who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. They can all have a CF play date at that swimming spot.
    Hugs,
    Judy

• trixietx
    14 years ago

Kathy, I am so sorry!
    (((Hugs)))

• User
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry, she was a good friend.

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Oh...I was so hoping she'd make a recovery...at least until you all got back home.

So sorry, Claire. My heart is breaking for you all.

Hugs...

Linda

• dedtired
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I too was hoping she would make it through your trip. She had a great life with you. I'm sure she is in doggy heaven sniffing lots of interesting feet right now.

• shaun
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    14 years ago

Claire, I am so sorry. I know you loved Luna, you took good care of her even to the ends of the earth. Good mommy and she loved you back. No greater loves than you two.

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose our furry children.
    Hugs.
    Sherry

• obxgina
    14 years ago

My heart is just breaking for you, I know how difficult this is to lose such a special part of the family! I am so sorry for you loss!
    Gina

• lpinkmountain
    14 years ago

She had a good life Claire, I hope that is of some comfort to you. She was loved and dogs are very aware of that. I'm sorry you had to experience this tragedy at this time. Hang in there, hugs to you!

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Kathy, I really hoped that she would hold on until getting back home. I hope my beloved Chowder Mae it waiting at the bridge to greet Luna.

(((hugs and tears)))

• compumom
    14 years ago

I'm soo sorry to hear this news. My heart and thoughts are with you, try to remember all the good times.
    E

• lsr2002
    14 years ago

My heart is aching for you too and I'm typing through tears. It is so hard to lose our furry babies. I hope the thought of other CF pets that have gone before her will ease her journey and yours through this difficult time.

Each time we have lost a beloved pet we have been blessed with another one to share our hearts and we have loved them all.

Lee

• kathleenca
    14 years ago

I am so glad you were together, & am so very sorry it wasn't years & years longer. I'm crying for you too, Claire.

• magothyrivergirl
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss - she enjoyed her last days with you, and you can be very grateful for the time you had with her on this trip -

• blueiris24
    14 years ago

I'm so very sorry.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

I'll add my condoleances, she will be so missed ; I love how you described her favorite things, made me smile.

• acdonna
    14 years ago

Kathy,
    I'm so sorry. Sending you a big hug.
    She will be waiting for you at the bridge.
    Donna

• paulines
    14 years ago

Thinking of you my friend. I'm so, so very sorry for your loss.

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this news. We all, Goldens and people, can feel te sorrow of your loss. We are thinking of you.

Helene

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for your kindness to me at this time.

• stacy3
    14 years ago

I've not even opened this thread for the same reason that I donated marley and me dvd to the library this AM...but I am sorry that I took so long to convey my sympathy.....it breaks my heart - and I'm so sorry for your loss....

• lindac
    14 years ago

Kathy....are you home or still on the road?
    Home will be hard....

• trixietx
    14 years ago

They are still on the road.

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, still traveling until the end of the month. We ''donated'' Luna's tent and food to the vet clinic, as they said they could easily find someone who could use them. It was too hard to take those things along. Like all of you, they were very kind. I'm not looking forward to dealing with her crate when we get home. She really loved her crate, and would go in to nap several times a day.

I feel like a total dishrag.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County