SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jude31

Update on Anna

jude31
11 years ago

Hope it's okay that I start a new thread. I'm posting the text that Richard sent, which will insure that I get it all right. Again, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes.

From Richard/ ANNA'S NEWS-Wed. 3/13/13 Details

It has been a blessed day. Thank you for your prayers. I will try to be brief, so here goes. We just left the oncologist and have as good of new that we can ask for. The catscan showed no additional areas of concern-thank you Lord. The cancer is hopefully localized in soft tissue next to her left arm pit. The Dr. said the tumor is about an inch by 1/2 inch. We are having a PET scan tomorrow to make sure everything is good before final treatment is prescribed. His intentions are to start her on medication of a pill type that is kinda like a chemo treatment. He wants to do this for six months in hopes of reducing the tumor before it is surgically removed. Dr. Grossman indicated that at the end of the day everything points to positive recovery which is awesome. Let's get through this PET scan and pray that everything is okay to move forward.
Much love from us to you,
Richard and Anna

Additional note from Jude:
After the insurance company refused to allow the Pet Scan, they're having to do it anyhow. Unfortunately it's costing Richard more money too. He had out of pocket expense of $900 for the CT scan. Heaven only knows what he''ll pay for this one. But it's not all about money, the good new is what the tests have already shown.

Comments (15)