Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fixed key on keyboard. Brag.

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 16:39

The K key on my laptop keyboard kept getting stuck. The laptop is new and I planned to take it back for exchange or repairs. Big pain. Then I thought I bet I can do this.

I flipped the key off with a letter opener. Three parts went flying and I had no idea how to get them back on, or what order they went in except I knew the K went on top. I fiddled with every possible permutation and after an hour of hair tearing, I got it back on and it works!! It doesn't even stick anymore.

Anyway, I am so pleased with myself I had to tell someone (s). KKKKKK kkkkkkk. See?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fixed key on keyboard. Brag.

Way to go Pam. You should be pleased with yourself.

Ann

o

Should have called you when I had the dried jam in my keyboard.

o

Oh, Pam, that reminds me of the time our computer was acting up and misbehaving (it was so long ago I can't remember the specifics). After going through all the troubleshooting steps in the Help menu, we called Support, and the tech person (in India) told us to open up the CPU and do various tests and adjustments. Nothing worked. We were just about to wipe out the hard drive and reload all the programs when I noticed that the Alt key was stuck in a partially depressed position! Ummm, never mind.

I should have called you, instead!

Sue

o

I'm such a dork, but I am so proud of myself. I love it when I solve little, or even better, big, problems myself. Yeah, now I'm a computer whiz.

That's funny Sue. The other day I thought my tv had gone kerflooey when I realized I'd put a book down on top of the remote -- not the cable remote, but the old remote for the tv that I hardly ever use.

o

Huh. My tab key and a couple number keys don't work. Maybe I should find a letter opener and pop them off.....

o

Giggling with glee! Love it when I learn a new skill. Now everyone will be bugging you to fix their keyboard Pam!

Shermann you sure can. I found out when I decided to clean my keyboard really well one day. Yes, they pop off. Just be ultra-careful with the stupid space bar. There are all kinds of doohickeys holding that sucker on. There are springs and a couple of rods that have to go over/under hooks. Something like that. ick!

o

If you decide to pop off a key just be sure to not let the parts go flying when popped. If possible, notice the order in which they come off and which side up. Took me awhile to get all that in order but I did fix it.

Rob, anyone would be crazy to let me mess with their computer.

o

KKKKKK kkkkkkk. See?

Looks like it's still stuck ;)

o

Hey, you. I guess that did kind of look stuck. Should have said K K K K K K k k k k k.

So where've you been and what have you been up to? Reno'd any more kitchens lately?

o

I'm patting you on the back and saying good job!

Sally

o

:0)

Thanks

o

I moved to a new house in Sept. 2010, and as a matter of fact I am getting ready to reno my kitchen. Apparently I got older but not smarter.

o

Weed, can you believe it has been nine years since our mutual kitchen renos? Mine is still there. I wish someone would clean it tonight.

Do you still have dogs?

o

Weed! Howdy!

Eileen

o

I have dogs that would be delighted to clean your kitchen. If I recall, there might be a couple tasty morsels within their reach ;)

Heya Eileen!

o

Hey, Weed, it's been a long darned time.

And how the heck have you been?

Annie

o

The dogs would have food coma by the time they got done cleaning the floor. Now that you're back, STAY back.

o

Here here!!!

o

Update. I have to unbrag. The K key just fell off again. Nuts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here