Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any news from Aptosca?

Posted by jude31 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 16:05

I think she said she would call the doctor yesterday if she hadn't heard anything. Waiting must be nerve racking for her. I just hope whatever is wrong is treatable. Prayers still being offered.

jude

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any news from Aptosca?

She said in the other thread that she moved her appointment up to next week.

We had lunch yesterday (she's about 30 minutes away from me), and we had a great time talking. Wish you all could have been with us!

o

Helene, I wish I could have been there too. I knew she moved her appointment up, but the waiting would make me crazy.

I guess no news is good news, but still...

Annie

o

Checking in. The waiting is awful. My experience was that I had to compartmentalize (or I would have had no fun at Canny Camp!). That was after I worked through all the worst case scenarios and planned my wake.

Clare, I hope you're keeping busy and this time goes by quickly.

o

Thanks everyone for checking in on me. It is also driving me crazy!!! I emailed my doctor Thursday with the test results and asked him to please explain them. His reply was, "Too difficult to cover by e-mail. We will go over this in detail at your visit next week." So that is how it stands till my appt. on March 14th.

At least the weather has been great so I can work outside. I worked half the day yesterday in the rose bed that surrounds our gazebo. And even bought a new rose to replace one that died. The new one has chartreuse color flowers and it is called "St. Patrick". Thought it was appropriate to plant now. Maybe it will bring me the luck of the Irish!

Helene - had a great time at lunch. We will have to do it again sometime and invite the whole Bay area.
Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Patrick Rose

o

How arrogant is that? Doc needs a shot of his own medicine!

I hate to stir up trouble, but I'd be changing doctors and/or possibly report him to the medical board. There's no excuse for giving you potentially serious diagnoses such as these and then being so cavalier as to book your appt 2 weeks after the test results arrive! He could have at least had the courtesy to have had a brief phone conversation with you to discuss the outcome.

On a positive note, I'm glad that you met Helene and are enjoying the glorious weather!

o

Clare,

I'm glad you're keeping busy doing what you enjoy. Best thoughts, wishes, and prayers still coming your way from me!

How arrogant is that? Doc needs a shot of his own medicine! While it's frustrating waiting, they probably need to know how Clare feels about certain things, such as the nuances of what is going on. That's probalby what is "complicated", not medical terms :) Face to face is better for some things. At least, I took it to mean this. I hope! Peace

o

rob, compumom, everyone - Thanks for the support. I am guessing that what the Dr. has to discuss is complicated so better face to face. Maybe go over previous tests and other data he has. I will give him the benefit of the doubt till I see and talk with him.
Clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here