SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookie8_gw

So confused about foods...

cookie8
13 years ago

I'm usually not too personal on the forum but just noticed the conversation side of things last month. I don't want to burn out my friend and family but I have something called psoriatic arthritis and over the past four months it has flared up so bad that it was hard to even stand. Anti-inflammatories were making it not bad but they stopped working and I was moved to something else. I asked my dr about diet and he smiled and said "no" and gave me a different kind of pill. I went home and researched my condition extensively came across a ton of information regarding diet and went on an elimination diet and am so happy that my condition has improved so much. I wake up somewhat stiff, but it is gone within an hour. I see a rheumatologist next month and I am scared to tell him about the diet - I don't want to be dismissed but it has to be working. I want to ask about allergy testing too. Can food be that poisonous to me? I'm sorry, but I just don't know. I always put in my mind I may not be able to hold my grandchildren but I couldn't even lift my own baby out of his crib, it hit that hard and fast. I even stopped taking the pills and have a better effect with this diet. I have to move slow introducing foods back in. I found out when I ate an avocado (or it was the cilantro or cumin) and was sore all over that night. It will be a slow process and I know I will be asking for a lot of help (which I have been getting on the cooking forum). I never cried in pain but I cry now (when not in pain) because I am confused on what my body is doing and what doctors are telling me. I also have psoriasis (mild) but it is completely gone after just one week. Am I crazy? Can food (for me) be that bad? Even the healthy ones?

Comments (11)