SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachlilyfl

HELP! I'm uninformed re. wedding shower gifts

beachlily z9a
12 years ago

Our niece is getting married at the end of June, and we just received her shower announcement. As background, she purchased a home about 3 yr. ago. During that time her fiance has been in training in the medical field, at a school here in FL. She is only registered at one store for items such as an electric fry pan, coffee maker, etc., because her home is fully furnished and she is clueless. Nice, sweet, but clueless. Also, her wedding is a destination wedding (Las Vegas).

Hubs and I planned to give them 2 hand-made 100+ yr old hand-made quilts (my family heirlooms) as a wedding gift. He also wants to give them each an expensive watch (which will last longer and have better memories than a coffeemaker). Considering this, would it be appropriate for me to give our niece the quilts for her shower? We have gifted her generously in the past and this isn't an effort to save money. Her mom is excited that I want to share my family history with her daughter because her parents' families don't have anything to pass down. I don't have much, but there is some.

What should we do? She is our only young relative. Both she and her fiance are lovely people.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!