SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Smiling on the outside

susie_que
14 years ago

But pretty bummed on the inside...heres the situation.

I have a nephew who was born between my 2 kids so he is 19 soon to be 20.

From the day he was born you could tell that something was not right. AS he got older he was slow about everything.

My family encouraged his parent to seek out answers but his mom-my SIL chose to ignore it. I think she was afraid of what the doctors may say and so she placed him in standard school and hoped for the best.

The teachers told his parents he needed special education but again they refused saying they wanted to keep him "mainstream". In 6th grade they placed him in a school which gave him some special care-When he turned 16 he left the school to persue life.

Sean is a nice boy...not a mean bone in his body and always a smile on his face and a willingness to try new things amd learn but unfortunately he does not have the ability to retain info nor does he read or write.

He also has a sibling who is the wild child-always in trouble in and out od jail, drop out, in and out of bad relationships and Sean saw all this and thought it was cool.

Fast forward to now.

Sean has a little job much like my Andrew-he works at a market as a cart boy. His social life involves playing video games and hanging out with friends.

We kid him because he said he had a girlfriend. I mean he knows what a girlfriend is and all but to us its apparent that due to his disability any romance or relationship would most likely not occur.

On Saturday Sean became the father of a beautiful baby girl. Brianna Marie was 6lbs 15oz and perfectly healthy!!

Its been a whirlwind of drama over the past few days...is the baby his?? Well he claims she is his.

Does he understand how this happened?? He claims there was a condom involved.

The mom does not have a learning disabilty and calls Sean the babys daddy and they appear to be in a relationship but I have my doubts.

First of all I was not told of the pregnancy...I got a phone call on Monday telling me the news.

The mom claims she didn't know she was pregnant until about a month ago and "thought" she might be 3 months along.

Needless to say Frank and I were blindsided!!

I went to see the baby and she is just about a beautiful as a baby can be but my first comment was "get a paternity test ASAP!"

Seans whole family is celebrating but I am like "are you kidding me?" This may or may not be Seans baby and even if she is his, Sean is in no way capable of taking on this resposibility-he can't even read the directions on the can of formula for gods sake! And if you tell him how to do it, he will forget by the next feeding!!

The baby mamma seems ok but her family life is not good...her dad is dying and mom is a little off.

Last night I asked if anyone has talked to them about adoption and I was just about BLOWN out of the water LOL!!

As of today there is no plan to do the paternity test they claim is to costly....me personally I would have had it done before they left the hospital!!

BTW...I do have pics of the baby to put up on Facebook however because some family members do not know yet I cannot post her picture just yet...but by tomorrow I can so if you'd like to check her out do so tomorrow.

Please send prayers to these 2 kids that they get the help they need and the guidance to make the right desicion for whats best for this sweet innocent little girl.

Thanks for listening!!

Susie

Comments (11)