SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

Weight loss support for March

vacuumfreak
15 years ago

Here we go again! I can't believe it's already March. I spent an hour at the gym yesterday. It went OK. I used the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3 and 4 miles per hour. I kept switching back and forth. Then I moved on to the exercise bike for 15 minutes. Finished by playing with the ab (crunch) machine and the checked est press machine. I did break a sweat, so that was good.

As far as food, I haven't been saying "NO" to myself as much as I should be. I checked in at 215 lbs today... I've been both heaver and lighter before!

They just opened a Sweet Bay close to me (as if Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Wal-mart... and the new Super Target weren't enough)... though I didn't like them tearing down the woods to build it, I went for the first time last night and it was LOVELY! For the first time in my life, I bought carrots with the "green stuff" still on them. And, cute baby cucumbers that taste awesome! I shan't name some of the other things that made it into my cart as not to incriminate myself (if you happened to be there too and noticed some guy in a white T-shirt shoving Friendly's Ice Cream and fried chicken into the trunk of his purple Honda, that was my evil twin, I PROMISE!). I had a great salad for dinner! The store was very nice and employees were friendly. Prices on convenience foods were dreadful, but the real food didn't seem bad.

I also had a workout on Saturday night. I bought a 27 inch TV (I've had a 20 inch for years so this is huge for me) from a friend who lives on the THIRD FLOOR... and it was NOT one of those new fangled flat models. I am glad I didn't throw my back out, and would like to think the experience gave me a few more lumps of muscle!

So, how is everyone else doing in their endeavour to shed pounds?

Comments (100)

• october17
    15 years ago

Update on the message board on the fridge - it works really good. I've only been keeping track of grams of fiber since I'm on the fiber35 diet. I'm going to start doing a calorie count too now and get really serious about losing.

I only have a real cheapie scale that BF bought for me for Christmas. (It's kind of a joke present, I had challenged him and my brother to play biggest loser, neither of them would play with me!) I don't really trust it but guess I'll start using it. I've always hated scales because I've never never fit into those height/weight charts. I just found out that according to one of them, I'm obese.

I'm 5'1" at 150lbs. (Big bones and lots of muscle, of course.)

I've been trying to get back into running. I'm doing pretty good considering a foot injury - cracked bone I'm pretty sure, but I don't have insurance, so don't know for sure. I also hate running with these big boobs. I long for that flat-chested athletic build I used to have.

• shaun
    15 years ago

I also hate running with these big boobs

you talking abut your brother and your boyfriend? hahahaha!!!

• Related Discussions

SS Support Monday Feb 27 to Sunday March 5

Q

Comments (43)
    Good Sunday morning all, Patti, I am sorry to hear your news. I am glad that things are going well with Dave. (((((HUGS))))) What did you mean "four of us were in Orlando" who, what, when?????? Too bad you didn't connect with ??????????????? Besh,(((((HUGS))))) I am sorry for your family. Death is not easy. I hope your FIL has a very peaceful passing. I have sad news myself. A long time friend of ours called Friday night very late. His 29 year old son is in a coma due to a drug overdose and has very minimal brain function. Mark, (my DH), went down to be with them righ away and of this morning he has not improved although he has been able to breath for 3 minutes on his own. Right now they are in with the doctor discussing taking him off life support. The whole thing is agonizing for them. What a horrible situation. All we can do is pray and think positive and remember that everything is perfect the way it is. Besh, I know what you mean about memories. It's hard to have to revisit such awful memories right now for me. I will be thinking of you.
    ...See More

Starting a weight loss support group at church

Q

Comments (3)
    The motivation thing is the most important. Also you need a plan so it won't be just willy-nilly. Example - have a weight-in, a short program sometimes would be good with some brochures you can get from various organizations, then a time to talk after everyone does whatever is in the plan. In other words I think you must have a good structure for it to work. Also, is your church pretty good size? I've never gone to a church I thought was quiet large enough to get one going.
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. Mar 16th through Sun. March 22nd

Q

Comments (32)
    OK, I really haven't been sleeping well so I'll take advantage of that & tell you about yesterday. Dave had to go to the VA in Tampa to have his ear checked where they removed the cancer 5 weeks ago. It had a blood blister type thing come up. So, we started out the day with him taking me to breakfast. Then off to Tampa. They lanced the scar & removed the blood. Then he took me to the Florida aquarium. We enjoyed that & had lunch there. They have a 36 foot catamaran that we had reservations on for 2:00. We left on that & went dolphin watching. After that we came back & he took me to a movie. Then I had him take me to our Walmart b/c I needed to pick up some material. LOL After that we stopped for catfish for dinner & then came home. We left the house yesterday at 7:00 a.m. & got home at 9:00 p.m. We had a fun-filled day. And you already know that he is the BEST! It was a great day. My friends are taking me to a craft fair today & out for lunch. Then we are meeting up with my friends tomorrow & going to the Renaissance Festival. So, this will be a great weekend. Thanks for being part of it. Patti :-)
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. Mar 2nd through Sun. March 8th

Q

Comments (33)
    Good evening, everyone! BJ, I have to ask: does your boss chase you around the desk? LOL Raeanne, welcome back to reality! I overheard a woman at Curves this morning talk about how she's dropped a clothes size since using the Wii Fitness stuff. Keep up the good work! QOD: I just roll out of the bed in the mornings and dress for working out. I don't let myself think otherwise! (There are some exceptions to going straight to Curves though.) I know that it's the best way for me to lose weight and sizes. I had a dr.'s appt. this morning (first thing) to go over my lab results. My numbers weren't too terribly bad after all, but I have a ways to go yet. My dr. was very pleased that I'm doing Curves and TOPS though, so he didn't fuss about my weight today. He's really supportive which is so nice. BJ, I always wear some kind of red hat to the get-togethers. I have a red straw hat and purse, a red felt cowgirl hat, a dressy felt hat, a baseball cap with a Red Hat woman sewn on it, and a sun visor with whatever I think of to put on it. We have to wear some kind of hat to the events, but I can't wait to take them off because I just don't like wearing them! But, I do enjoy mixing and mingling with the members, so it's worth it. My 2 DGDs are coming over Saturday morning for the weekend. They haven't been here since Christmas, and they want to see their Papa and Lucky (doggy). We'll drive them home Sunday afternoon and do some "big-city" shopping while over there. One quick brag: I weighed in 8.7 pounds less at my TOPS meeting on Wednesday. That's two weeks worth of weight loss, but I was so shocked and happy. I'm also back to cooking and eating healthy, so I guess it's working. I'm working on Patti's birthday card this evening. It's so much fun doing it! Wishing everyone a good Friday!
    ...See More
  • readinglady
    15 years ago

Hi lilpinkmountain. Well, I've been called a canning enabler, never a dieting one, LOL.

I know things are tight financially right now, but here are two books you might want to request from your library (when life eases up and you have a spare minute):

Food and Mood:The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best, Second Edition.

This book is kind of the "classic" on the Food-Mood connection, research-based. There are others out there now, but the first edition of this book was the pioneer, AFAIK.

Another very good book is this one, from an Oxford researcher doing work in the field:

Calm Energy: How People Regulate Mood with Food and Exercise.

I've read both these books; they are solid and worthwhile. The only problem is when we're struggling it's hard to concentrate on reading (not to mention finding the time). But they're well-worth keeping in mind.

Another great resource is the software from FitDay. FitDay offers free online assistance but I can't speak to that. I have owned their software for a long time. It's not very expensive and user-friendly. You can track calories from food (add your own recipes or packaged foods not in the database), calories from exercise, create a weight-loss plan, and track mood. You can even generate charts tracing any correlations between calories and mood. There's a diary, weight tracker, basically everything.

Fitday.com.

I know these are future things. It sounds right now that you're totally tapped-out. When we get to that point (and I've been there) it's futile to add more stress to what's already nearly unbearable.

So my best advice right now is: focus on sleep. Try to block out enough time for sleep and let the exercise, food concerns, etc. go. Work out a sleep routine (including deep breathing, quiet meditation, calming music, whatever works) that makes sleep possible. If you think your sugar's low, eat an orange at bedtime. You'll sleep better.

Sleep-deprivation causes depression. Sleep-deprivation leads to over-eating. Sleep-deprivation scr*ws up our thought processes and makes us too tired to function physically or emotionally, making exercise, which should be good for us, just another drain on a depleted system.

So get some sleep first.

And if you have some time this weekend, go to a nursery or a botanical garden. Stroll around, think about plants and growing things. The days are getting longer, the sun is returning. Sometimes it seems like the dark times will never end, but that is an illusion and a trap. The light does come back.

Carol

• lpinkmountain
    15 years ago

Thanks for those great tips Carol!!!!
    I will definately check out those books. "How to" and other such books are my favorite kind of book, I devour them instead of novels. That's why that SparkPeople site is so addictive, so much cool info. As a result of my "how to book addiction," I know a little bit about a lot of things, just enough to get myself in trouble, lol! I have one book I read on seratonin regulation thru diet, but it was kinda technical and wasn't much help. I have seratonin health issues big-time, (migranes and now mild IBS), but it is one hard hormone to regulate!

I looked up "curbing chocolate cravings" online, and found out that a brisk walk is supposed to curb cravings. Nothing seems to help me when I have a mountain of work staring me in the face though. I get back from the walk and it's still there! But I did read again that chocolate has iron and magnesium and some other minerals in it, so I'm trying to be more vigilant about taking my daily multi-vitamin.

I have to laugh though, that is one thing that being marginally employed has done for me, I get plenty of sleep! In fact, last night I went to the gym after work 6:30 til 7:20, including time for changing. Then I ate supper and was planning on working another hour, and then stopping off to do some grocery shopping on my way home. Well, instead, I came right home after work and went right to bed. Exercise just poops me out!!

I do plan on getting out in my own little "botanical garden" this weekend. It is a disgrace. Just like plumbers have leaky faucets at home, it seems like horticulture instructors have neglected yards! Then the following weekend I have company coming, and I know we will be out and hiking if the weather cooperates in any way shape or form. I should be OK this weekend, I am motivated to keep moving cleaning the house for company. The cravings only hit me at work.

• dgkritch
    15 years ago

I'm just playing on the seesaw. Up, down, up down....
    Sigh.

It's frustrating to not be able to drop below a certain point. On the other hand, I ate horribly this last week and only gained 1#. Go figure.

Deanna

• readinglady
    15 years ago

Good luck, Deanna. I know how frustrating that is. One of my big "missions" has been to figure out what foods will staunch cravings (and which lead to binging). Personally, I have to make sure I get enough protein. It makes a huge difference for me. I'm not speaking of a low-carb regimen. I happen to be very fonds of carbs, LOL, and don't think I could give up fruit to save my soul. But if I don't watch it, I slack on the protein. That's when I get hungry and my sugar drops and you know the slippery slope that leads to. (Those are the moments I'd kill for pizza or a doughnut.)

Lilpinkmountain, well it does sound as if you have the sleep issue conquered! The first book I mentioned does spend some time discussing serotonin levels. Not that there's anything new in that. There's a new book on migraines out (name escapes me at the moment). I remember in an interview on NPR the author said, "The migraine brain likes routine." We need to be creatures of habit - in self defense, if for no other reason.

As I'm sure you're aware, dark chocolate is good for you, the darker the better.

It's funny though. For some reason chocolate has not appealed to me lately. I've always been a chocolate hound, so I'm not sure what's going on. I consider it a great loss (pun intended).

Carol

• deniseandspike
    15 years ago

Is everyone still dieting?

I'm coming up on almost 2 months of dieting and have lost a total of 8 1/2 lbs. I didn't quite reach my goal of 10 but I'm just happy I haven't gained. I need to lose a total of 50 so I've got a ways to go. I'm getting tired of cooking all the time but I know it's better for me than eating pre-prepared foods or fast food.

• rabblebabble
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Is it too late for me to join the party? I just found the Forum -- was looking for some info about red dyes for my dad and came across this. :) I've been on my weight loss journey since September 2009 and have lost 52 pounds as of yesterday. Okay, I've lost 52 pounds, but before you get all excited about it, believe me, I have a looooong way to go! I'm a short middle-aged woman who was nearly as wide as I am tall. Not a pretty sight! But I'm getting better and more fit each day, little by little. Nothing dramatic. Inspired by The Biggest Loser on NBC, but certainly not taking off the weight nearly as quickly as they do. I can't! Okay, well maybe I could -- but not on my own safely without a doctor hanging over me daily. No, the way I'm doing it -- slowly, but surely -- is much better. And what a difference it's making in my quality of life! I can DO things now! Yayeee! I blog about it at http://anewsuit.blogspot.com Keeps me honest and moving forward -- I talk about what I eat each day and what exercise I do, as well as share with readers any helpful tips I come across. Check it out if you'd like. Otherwise, if it's okay with y'all, I'll be hanging out here once in awhile. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog -- A New Suit

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

Well, here I was posting on another weight loss thread, and posting my WW recipes when there was already a site that I must either have not known about or missed. So, I am here with the rest of you. I have lost 9.8 lbs in two weeks, which has motivated me to continue.
    The "sparkpeople" site is what our wellness program at work sends to us in our e-mails. I actually have not gone there yet, but will if I feel like I need another push.
    lpink, where are you now? Are you in Michigan?

• susytwo
    14 years ago

Almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks! That's really fast!

I've lost 12 since I started (the last week of January). I'm down one dress size. So, I've got 8 lbs more to go, and then I'll decide if I want to try for 5 or 10 more.

I'm doing 30 mins of cardio 3x/wk. 30-40 minutes of weights 3x/wk. I'm now running up to 4km each time I go out, which is a personal best for me.

I've reduced my calories substantially, but am still eating plenty... just making better choices.

And DH has joined me! He's lost 8lbs in 2 weeks. He has a lot more weight to lose than I do, but he also has historically lost weight much more easily than I have.

I've been going to http://caloriecount.about.com and have learned a lot there from the articles and the discussion forums. It's made this much easier than any of my previous attempts.

I started a blog, to try to keep me motivated, but I'm having a hard time finding the time to do it properly. I only have a handful of posts there.

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

Susytwo, congratulations. It's really all about our choices isn't it? I HAVE to start moving more, and the truth is, I detest exercise in any form. But I know it is necessary, so I will try to dust off the old treadmill.
    Sherry

• rabblebabble
    14 years ago

Sheshebop (Sherry): I'm not crazy about exercise either. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a device of the Devil himself. But I try to make it not so detestable. For instance, I have my recumbent bike in my living room so I can bike during my favorite TV shows. Actually, my "rewards" are watching the shows. But to get to watch the shows I have to bike during the commercials. It's a trick I use to force myself to exercise when I don't want to. So I ride like Lucifer is chasing after me during the commercials (yes, I have a "thing" about him -- he is, after all, the one who made chocolate so doggone irresistable), rest during the actual shows, and then feel pretty good about it all afterward. If I have several shows to watch in an evening, I manage to get in a pretty good workout! And since I only do it during the commercials, I never feel overly tired. I also get in some extra walking when I go shopping. Before I ever put anything in my cart, I always make sure I go up and down each and every aisle at least once. If it's a store like Walmart or Target, that adds quite a few extra steps to my shopping trip without ever having to step on a treadmill. I use whatever "tricks" I can to avoid to drudgery of traditional workouts!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog:

• annie1992
    14 years ago

rabblebabble, welcome to the Cooking Forum, weight loss section, LOL. Of course, cooking is a natural thing for weight loss, if you can't cook healthy meals, you'll never get healthy!

I lost quite a lot of weight several years ago, I don't know how much but more than 80. I've put 12 back on and just found that I have high blood pressure. Of course, I'm blaming everything on menopause. (grin)

Anyway, I started walking to work again and went back to my old eating habits (eat anything I want, but only half of it). I've lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks, so I'm OK, and now the weather is nice it's nearly time to start gardening, fence repair, chicken coop cleaning, calf pen shoveling and all those attendant duties.

Sherry, come on up, I'll give you LOTS of exercise. (grin) I hate exercise but I don't mind hard work, funny how that is.

Annie

• rabblebabble
    14 years ago

Annie: Thanks for the welcome! See, that's the issue with me...I'm not much of a cook. I guess that's how I got so big -- I had to eat fast food to survive since my own cooking is nearly unidentifiable as actually being 'food'. But I'm trying to change. Even simple things. Clean, good food. It doesn't have to be gourmet. Just edible. And if I eat out, I'm making lots better choices. Little by little the weight is coming off. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: A New Suit -- the chronicle of my weight loss journey

• annie1992
    14 years ago

Ah, but rabblebabble, that's what I like best, just good plain food. Some whole wheat pasta with a grating of parmesan and a diced homegrown tomato is heaven and so healthy. I can eat fresh corn straight from the garden without even cooking it and nothing beats a fresh fish filet grilled or baked, double bonus if I caught it myself.
    I raise grassfed beef and so have access to fresh and ultra lean protein. I throw hay and shovel barns and run the rototiller. So how did I get that heavy? It's because I like good fresh food, LOL, a bit too much.

Even healthy food will make you fat if you eat too much of it. Eat less and move more, my old doc told me. He was right.

So I hope you stay here, we're pretty friendly most of the time and although we post those huge holiday dinner menus and some extravagant recipes, I know that most of us watch what we eat at least some of the time. Many of our recipes are actually pretty healthy when eaten in portions that are reasonable. We have some people with health issues here too, diabetics and heart patients and those who are allergic to things from garlic to dairy products to gluten. Still, we all cook and eat.

Plus, at some point you'll reach your goal and then you'll still have to cook and eat to maintain, so you'd better just hang here with us!

Annie

• shaun
    13 years ago

Is anyone still with me on the Weight Watchers????

I'm down 17 lbs as of last Thursday.

Check in please!!

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

I'm still watching but am treading water at the moment although I'm still doing my herb infusions and the green veg and meat but not pushing it too much since our mealtimes are a bit upset because of my 5 days a week afternoon classes. I have an appointment with the dietician next week and am trying to lose another 5 to 10 lbs when I can manage to stick to the planned diet that I was doing. So I'm holding my new weight but will try to lose a bit more after another month or so when I'm free to concentrate on planning the high protein meals.

Congratulations to all who are making headway. And good for you Shaun with your 17 pounds loss!

SharonCb

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

shaun, I am 18.2# down. I was not able to go last week for weigh in, but will go Tuesday. This week might not be so good though.
    I am still working at it though, just had a couple of bad days.
    I will let you know Tuesday how it went.
    Sherry

• annie1992
    13 years ago

Sherry, you've lost at least 3 pounds since last time, I'm sure of it. I guess now we test my psychic abilities and see, LOL.

shaun, good for you! I've lost about 5 pounds, I'm doing too much snacking while making all those blasted appetizers for the reception, I think...

Annie

• shaun
    13 years ago

Yay! I'm glad you guys are still doing it.

Congrats to Sharon, Sherry and Annie!!

Let us know how you do tomorrow Sherry.

• susytwo
    13 years ago

The goal I set back in January, was to lose 20 lbs by May 15.

Well, here we are on May 11th, and I'm down 22 lbs. Yay!!

I'm down about 2 dress sizes. :-)

I'm aiming for another 10 -15 lbs over the next 2-3 months, although I'm focusing more on weight lifting now. So, I'm eating more, doing less cardio, and am more concerned with building muscle, and less focused on the scale.

Congratulations to all of you on your accomplishments too! It certainly feels good to share the news with others and see that you are all having success as well.

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

Only one more pound, but I really thought I might have gained, so I am happy. That puts me at 19.2 down. I am really motivated now.
    Susy, congratulations! You too Shaun. And Annie 5 lbs is not anything to complain about. That is great. After the reception is over and you are back in the fields, you will start meting it away again.
    BTW, I AM RETIRED! last week was my first week off as a retiree! I have to be careful not to start bad habits since I am home now, but I think I am doing pretty well.

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

I am now 23 lbs lighter!
    Sherry

• compumom
    13 years ago

Wow Sherry, that's fabulous!
    Did you receive my email at the myself address? How are things?

I'm down about 3 more lbs, our fundraising event kept me running. Heaven help me if I ever return to "normal" food!

• shaun
    13 years ago

Way to go Sherry!! You too compumom!

I'm down 20.2 lbs now. Thursday is my weigh in day; crossing my fingers for more lost!

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

24.8 lbs!

• shaun
    13 years ago

Woo Hoo SHerry! Way to go!

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I know I've gained. I was livin la vida loca this past weekend.

• compumom
    13 years ago

Yahoo Sherrie!! You're doing great! I just bought two pairs of size 10 slacks! I'm in shock!

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

Congratulations Sherry, Ellen, Shaun, Suzy for your ongoing success!

I'm still treading water and eating whatever I want until I can get back on my diet again to lose the last few pounds.

I haven't bought any new clothes yet, but am wearing old things I wore 20 years ago and will go shopping for new skinny clothes once I've reached the final goal.

Still not putting any weight back on so I'm happy.

SharonCb

• shaun
    13 years ago

Well, I stayed the same. Thought for sure I would have gained. Ok then. I'm 2 lbs from my goal. Bought some new shorts and they are size 8.

• susytwo
    13 years ago

I am up to eating more now. I've increased my calories by about 400-500 more calories on the days I workout. So far, still losing though. :-) I'm down about 25lbs in total, and am focusing only on weight training. I'm trying not to worry about the scale as much, and concentrate on the measurements now.

I spent last weekend on a shopping trip with one of my girlfriends. It was a treat to myself to shop for new clothes that fit better. I've gone from a size 10/12, to a 6/8. I even bought one pair of pants that were a size 4. It felt amazing to try on smaller sizes! I feel like my old self again.

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

We are all doing so well that we should all splurge and eat a......carrot! LOL!

• annie1992
    13 years ago

RETIRED!!! Hooray, I know how you (did not) love everyone you were working with. Wow. retired...

Annie

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

27#. I have lost 27#!!!

• shaun
    13 years ago

Good job Sherry.

• compumom
    13 years ago

Keep on keeping on or would that be OFF?!! LOL!
    Great job, what's the time frame for the entire loss?

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

I started March 1, so just over 3 months.

• compumom
    13 years ago

Awesome! You're going to look great in your shorts and even a bathing suit? How much more are you aiming for?

• shaun
    13 years ago

As of today 22# down. Woo Hoo! Go Me!

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

Congratulations on all your efforts; don't forget that maintaining a weight loss is as much a victory as the actual loss, and muscle weighs more than fat,
    so exercising might halt your weight loss a bit but you're ahead of the game.

I've been eating dessert too often, up 2 pounds recently. I weigh myself every day , so seeing the number on the scale prevents me from putting my hand on a snickers bar at the store, again. I can't even keep mints in the house. Living downtown, I walk by amazing sweets all the time.
    Sigh.

And this forum, don't get me started....... ann T's caramel, annie's paisley cake, yummmmmmmm

• susytwo
    13 years ago

We went to the movies last night and I packed myself some carrot stick and hummus and a big bottle of water, instead of splurging on a bucket of popcorn and diet soda. You know what, I didn't even miss it.

But I will admit to buying a package of peanut M&Ms, but I only had them after the carrots, and I only had 10. :-)

I'm still hovering around 27 lbs of weight loss. Still working on the last few pounds. I fell off the exercise bandwagon last week, but I going to get back on it this week.

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

I have a long way to go: about another 39-45#. I will give myself a yer to do it.

• shaun
    13 years ago

Well I reached my goal last Thursday; the day before my daughter's wedding. The wedding was my incentive to stay true to the program. And now I'm in the Maintenance phase of weight watchers.

It's been one week and my weight is the exact same as it was last week. I can't believe it! I'm so proud of myself.

So, here is a picture from the wedding.....Me and my daughters.

{{gwi:1443878}}

• dedtired
    13 years ago

Shaun! You look fantastic! You look more like a bridesmaid than the mother of the bride. Wowee! What a lovely picture of all of you. It looks like a perfect setting for a wedding. Congratulations on the weight loss, and best wishes to the bride and groom.

I love your daughter's dress and her bouquet. Who knows, maybe in a couple years we'll be looking at pictures of grandchildren with their hot, skinny Grandma!

I've lost a couple of pounds -- nothing to brag about.

• canarybird01
    13 years ago

What a lovely photo of you all and Shaun you do look just as young and beautiful as the bride and bridesmaid!

Congratulations to your daughter on her marriage and to you for keeping to your diet!

SharonCb

• compumom
    13 years ago

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto! You look marvelous and so youthful!

It's funny, but when people see me now and can't put their finger on what's changed about me, they comment on how youthful I look.

Back to you-- congratulations to you and your daughter, all 3 of you look great!

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

What a gorgeous picture ; congratulations on attaining your goal.
    That shade of green is beautiful.

• shaun
    13 years ago

Well those are some really kind words! Thanks everyone. We had a fun time and the wedding day was beautiful.

• sheshebop
    13 years ago

Congratulations Shaun. You are all absolutely beautiful! Was it a beach wedding? The dresses are gorgeous. Congratulations, also, on your weight loss and your maintaining. I have fallen off the wagon...some really distressing stuff going on, but I woke up this morning thinking, OK, time to get bck on that wagon. So, I will take day by day and try to get to where you are. You are an inspiration!
    Sherry

• shaun
    13 years ago

Thank you Sherry. Yes it was a beach wedding.

It's ok, you'll get back on. Sometimes we all just need a little break. But you're back. So that's good.

Good Luck, we're all pulling for ya !!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!